IGNORED

Realistic Options

And Its Smith

14 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

No, if he goes he’d look for a bigger leap than us imo. Wouldn’t complain at all if we get him though

Plymouth are a small club, we would be a decent step up for him and I’d struggle to see him going to a club bigger than us, and that is not me saying we are a massive club by the way

• Like 1

Did like the way Brum played against us under Eustace at AG, earlier in the season. I know we didn't really turn up but admire the way they played.

Solid at the back, creativity in the wide areas and getting the best out of certain players like Laird bombing on from fullback and in turn giving Dembele more space on the left. 

Much rather him than any of the others mentioned but echoing sentiments that I wish NP was still turning this ship around. 

Rowett steady but dull and Jones is a basketcase. Hope we stay clear of those. 

Always thought SL was going to wait for Robins to get the chop at Cov but maybe JL has cried to dad a bit too much, who knows. 

Get behind the team and someone try put a blank sheet over the 'Lansdown' part of the Williams Stand.

COYR

I find this whole episode utterly depressing and I’m at a point where I have had enough, until Lansdown departs at least. We’ve all seen this coming for the last week or two but it’s a disgraceful decision and it’s been handled terribly. The incremental improvements made under Pearson may well be lost over the coming months, and whoever the new man is has very little chance with all the injuries we currently have. The players were playing for Nige in close to impossible circumstances.

Even now the dust has settled for a few hours, I am still disgusted with the situation. It’s a mess and the only experienced football man we have at the club now is Tinnion, who is fantastic with the academy but unproven at best as a ‘Technical Director’. As others have said, the fact that we’re looking for a ‘Head Coach’ rather than manager is very telling, and points to a typical yes man style appointment.

I’ve got my season ticket and will be there on Saturday, but I will be loudly voicing my disgust at this whole debacle. I won’t be renewing while Lansdown is still here either. We will never achieve anything tangible while he owns the club. His ego and his complete lack of ability to stop meddling and accept criticism has held us back for years and I for one have had enough. 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I wouldn't mind seeing an unknown foreign type to shake things up a bit, I don't know who, but the same old British names is so meh

True, but it can be a massive risk if he's no experience of the English football league.

Considering the position we are in, I think I'd prefer someone with a bit of experience of managing in England to be fair.

All about opinions.

Edited by AppyDAZE

Just now, Tinmans Love Child said:

I wouldn't mind seeing an unknown foreign type to shake things up a bit, I don't know who, but the same old British names is so meh

I suppose this would be the 'high risk high reward' option.

Comparatively, an option like Rowett would be much safer, but equally you pretty much guarantee that you're not going to end up with anything spectacular.

6 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

True, but it can be a massive risk if he's no experience of the English football league.

Considering the position we are in, I think I'd prefer someone with a bit of experience of managing in England to be fair.

All about opinions.

Yeh I can see that but that's what we had in Nige, I guess no choice is guaranteed to succeed.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Of the names mentioned I'd probably prefer Eustace, but it's not like them arriving will suddenly fix a load of our injury problems, grow the squad, or solves any of the other issues we currently have. We're still going to be in the same position just with a load of added turmoil behind the scenes. I REALLY want to see if they get a load of money magically appear in January / the summer.

I'll still support them and the team, go to the games etc. but I'd be lying if I won't have a pretty bitter taste in my mouth for a while due to the way Pearson was treated. Let's hope this turns out to be a masterstroke by Lansdown... but if it does, I'll be putting it down to luck rather than judgement.

Well, you say the next candidate wont be able to grow the squad, but let’s look at last time a decent manager was given no money… he was sacked and immediately after the bank of SL opened with happy hour - for 4 whole years. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Plymouth are a small club, we would be a decent step up for him and I’d struggle to see him going to a club bigger than us, and that is not me saying we are a massive club by the way

So what do you think of Garry Rowett? Tins and Jon have it seems decided to appoint him. Is this a manger you will get behind, as you hated Nige. Happy? 

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

Well, you say the next candidate wont be able to grow the squad, but let’s look at last time a decent manager was given no money… he was sacked and immediately after the bank of SL opened with happy hour - for 4 whole years. 

This what sticks in my throat. He always backs the wrong horse.

6 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Yeh I can see that but that's what we had in Nige, I guess no choice is guaranteed to succeed.

True, but we also had a strong character with his own ideas and one who clearly thought that Lansdown was a clueless *****, and unfortunately his boss picked up on it.

I tend to agree with Nigel, and the thing I fear most is another novice.

I think we need experience again, or we could be ******.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 1

That time when most supporters wanted Johnson out after a record 8 game losing streak (11 defeats in 12 in 2016/17) , Lansdown said he would be here as long as he wanted him. That was when I gave up on worrying too much about wanting managers out or who I want in. He will decide and that's fine in as much as it's his money, but he doesn't have the first clue about football, even after all this time, and Jon seems even worse.
All we can do is support the team as always, voice our disapproval ( though no one will be there to hear) and post wish lists on here even though it will have no affect.

Then Saturday morning when through a speedy and dodgy process, they will announce a new man. 
It's going to be Rowett isn't it. 

• Flames 1

So chief exec leaves, head coach leaves along with 2 of the coaches, whilst the club is "openly" on the market - is something imminent and the "potential" owners want their own man/men in charge?

To be honest I'm surprised but not surprised at the same time. Pearson has done wonders whilst having his hands tied behind his back in a way, especially after seeing next to nothing from any of the sales over the past 18 months or so, blooding the youngsters and getting us more solid, if not spectacular, but there is only so much you can do with the injuries we've had!

This is all very Bristol City, and I'm half expecting an announcement saying that Fleming/King will be in charge for the foreseeable in the hope that we can get some points on the board and making it "very difficult to change a winning team". Other words- cheap option.

Robins wouldn't surprise me as he's been linked a few times and Lansdown likes him, but I don't see us paying for anybody compensation so fully expect a lacklustre appointment.

Unless something is imminent - whether that's a sale of the club or a new guy in charge soon - this seems like a very bad move which could have dire consequences for us.

I really hope I'm wrong.

16 minutes ago, Jacki said:

Even now the dust has settled for a few hours, I am still disgusted with the situation. It’s a mess and the only experienced football man we have at the club now is Tinnion, who is fantastic with the academy but unproven at best as a ‘Technical Director’. As others have said, the fact that we’re looking for a ‘Head Coach’ rather than manager is very telling, and points to a typical yes man style appointment.

I'm gutted that Pearson has gone, but I don't necessarily agree with your analysis.

The one chink of light in this is that potentially Tinnion will be the kingmaker rather than the suits.  I've long felt we needed a Technical Director/Director of Football to define the footballing identity and to recruit players and coaches (yes, coaches) to fit with this.   That is the correct model I believe.  But for that to work, the football club must have reached a level of maturity which I'm not sure we have reached yet, despite all the good work NP has done.

Undoubtedly when NP joined we needed a Manager rather than a coach to address the absolute mess the club was in.   I hope the culture and identity NP brought to the club, hasn't also left the building with him.  (I'm really worried that Dave Rennie has left).

Personally, this feels like the end of a relationship so as far a speculating on who his successor with be, I'm sorry but I won't be polishing up my Tinder profile and checking my photos for ones that I'm less fat and less bald in just yet. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Firstly I don’t believe they’ve sacked Nige without a manager lined up to be put in place immediately.  This feels different to the last two sackings.

Therefore this has been in plan for a while.  Sound out options, narrow down, line them up and wait to sack with some kind of “pre-contract” done to make sure nobody else poaches before you can sack the current incumbent.

Get Ipswich and Cardiff out of the way, then act.

I fully expect a new manager in situ before Saturday.

If it isn’t announced until later this week, it’s purely because they are trying to make it look like a really quick search this week.

Announce…..X.

Ironic isn't it that they've actually done this sacking in a planned way.  They know it's seriously unpopular.  No wishful thinking. A clear indication it's got nothing to do with results - they just wanted rid of their turbulent manager. 

Clearly someone other than SL & JL are doing the leg work.  Are we in a situation where someone is secretly working as a consultant for them to enable this dirty work to be done? Or is this Tom fella from Wimbledon the new kid of the block?  

I've heard a rumour that there was a meeting this morning when free agents were being suggested to Nigel who basically told those present that he wasn't having it.  If so then fair play to him.