IGNORED

Fans forum 27th November - Hen and Chicken

CyderInACan

2 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Did I hear that right that JL believes that the response to NP sacking was just an overreaction?

Not really. What he did say was that you are always going to have fans who don’t like a big decision like that. But he said the club needed to get better at explaining their ongoing strategy and where we are positioned so that a big decision like that doesn’t look like it comes out of the blue - there should be some ongoing context so fans get it more. 

• Like 3

Just now, W-S-M Seagull said:

Jon has mentioned quite a few times how it's such a tight league. Yet Pearson was sacked for us not challenging yet tonight he seems go have rolled back on those expectations.

It's easy to criticise when you don't like something or someone, but to then suggest better of something you like isn't often done, as you want them to be successful. 

Can I for one say I think this forum needs to give three cheers for Lansdowns and thank them for an insightful evening.

Hip Hip F&*^ Off

• Haha 1

Even with low expectations that was as dreadful as one could possibly have imagined.

Only person to come out not that with any credit was Manning who came across pretty well I thought, best I’ve heard him speak. 

As for Lansdown, apparently the anger and disappointment many of us had at Nige’s sacking and how it was done was "an over reaction".

I would love to hear from @petehinton as to what it was like in the room. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, eardun said:

Not really. What he did say was that you are always going to have fans who don’t like a big decision like that. But he said the club needed to get better at explaining their ongoing strategy and where we are positioned so that a big decision like that doesn’t look like it comes out of the blue - there should be some ongoing context so fans get it more. 

I've just gone back to listen to it again. In the context of what the could change and looking back in hindsight "I think you're not going to be able to change that overreaction".

Therefore he just believes it was an overreaction.

• Like 1

I’m at a total loss after that tbh. Atmosphere was so ******* odd in there, Liam was the only one willing to expand on an answer for more than 45 seconds. It was so guarded and they answered questions so blandly and quickly the whole thing felt really rushed whilst also not really answering anything properly, or at all. Didn’t really answer the questions on injuries and the new structure, didn’t really answer the question about the new structure, Jon said it’s not his place to answer the question on the stadium(???)

Last years opening was loads of detail from Tinnion on the academy, nige on what it means to be a manager( and Gould on loads of detail around club finances and season ticket sales etc. 

This year - JL “just wanted to say thanks for coming” *awkward silence with everyone looking around wondering what’s going on*. 

Manning salvaged it tbh, seemed like the only one happy to be there. 

Edited by petehinton
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, Pezo said:

I've just gone back to listen to it again. In the context of what the could change and looking back in hindsight "I think you're not going to be able to change that overreaction".

Therefore he just believes it was an overreaction.

Arrogant *****, typical of a dictator.

Can't stand the ****....

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, One Team said:

Even with low expectations that was as dreadful as one could possibly have imagined.

Only person to come out not that with any credit was Manning who came across pretty well I thought, best I’ve heard him speak. 

As for Lansdown, apparently the anger and disappointment many of us had at Nige’s sacking and how it was done was "an over reaction".

I would love to hear from @petehinton as to what it was like in the room. 

Full of Bristol Sport employees it seems.

• Facepalm 1

Unfortunately couldn't make the fourm due to work commitments but had it on in the background some terrible questions being asked nothing probing and nothing insightful taken from that what so ever I was  surprised to not hear some of the guys who do the pod casts there what's his name Ian or something he always has alot to say on the phone ins etc 

Just now, eardun said:

I think Manning is a new breed of coach that the club felt we needed. NP in all honesty was a man for the moment to install some structure & discipline and transition us from what was a car crash of a situation for the club which became exasperated by covid and a significant financial burden 

Manning spoke very well and his awareness of the game constantly moving and changing and being at the forefront of adapting to this probably fits with the clubs vision going forward 

We as supporters need to be patient, I’m convinced we will bring in players in January either loans or permanent or both. We have gaps in the squad that need plugging as well as future proofing for players that may not be here after the summer

I enjoyed NP as an old fashioned type manager but the time was right and we are well positioned in the league to kick on

As JL said, we need luck and players available to give us a chance of achieving a top 6 finish - Let’s see what develops over the next 5-6 months 

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, BCFC31 said:

Unfortunately couldn't make the fourm due to work commitments but had it on in the background some terrible questions being asked nothing probing and nothing insightful taken from that what so ever I was  surprised to not hear some of the guys who do the pod casts there what's his name Ian or something he always has alot to say on the phone ins etc 

He lives abroad and watches the games on robinsTV.

1 minute ago, BCFC31 said:

Ian Gay lives in Devon now, I believe.

Absolutely reasonable for him not to be there in those circumstances.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

Very interesting comment by Brian, which may not have been heard. "Liam is keen to look at the academy to see if there is anyone before we recruit".  Not sure there is much choice in this, but if anyone is expecting us to be paying money for players, this is why we wont. Brian has openly just said he thinks there is about 10 players who could break through soon.....

I would prefer to hear that from Liam.

Sounds like the sort of thing an domineering mum would say. 'Jon is very keen to be Chairman Steve.  Aren't you Jon??'

• Haha 2