IGNORED

Fans forum 27th November - Hen and Chicken

CyderInACan

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Screenshot_20231127_204320_Gmail.jpg

The fact you had a ticket makes it even more of a mockery of your assertion it was full of Bristol Sport employees, as was clearly open to all.

It maybe that actually the mass of the fan base don't agree with you and a few others who like to post a lot on here, possible most accept the Lansdowns are not perfect and make mistakes, but are grateful for what they have and continue to do.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Surprised more haven’t latched into the comment about Phil Alexander departure and Tinnions role

Pretty revealing ....

And also we are now going to have some medical staff on treating injuries and some on strength and conditioning ......oh....👍🏻...... **** me that’s a revolutionary idea !

We had people doing both before. Trying to justify the line about injuries.

Judge the new set up in 6 to 12 months.

Rewound and rewatched certain bits, abour 25 mins or so in when Jon Lansdown was indeed struggling somewhat ie the bit about Singing fans, location, how it can feed into atmosphere etc it just suddenly flipped to a question to Tinnion about the academy and how great it was that we have so many in terms of clubs across the top 2 divisions.

Very convenient. Don't think that question was particularly well answered or explained. 

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

I actually thought Liam Manning , with his obvious intelligence , coming across incredibly polished and professional must have been sat there looking left and right thinking ‘WTF’ !

Yep. As underwhelming as I found his appointment he was the only one who walked away from that with any credibility. He was pretty good I thought. 

• Like 3

• Admin
1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

These days I don't even leave Weston until about 2pm. I'll have food and drinks in Weston before travelling up. 

It's just too expensive for a day out at Ashton Gate now. 

Funny you say that, due to a family issue I didn’t leave Weston until after 1pm on Saturday, got the X1 and walked into the ground about 2:15, saved me a fortune 

25 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

The fact you had a ticket makes it even more of a mockery of your assertion it was full of Bristol Sport employees, as was clearly open to all.

It maybe that actually the mass of the fan base don't agree with you and a few others who like to post a lot on here, possible most accept the Lansdowns are not perfect and make mistakes, but are grateful for what they have and continue to do.

Give it a rest mate. It was said in jest.

Any chance of an apology for your insinuation that I was lying about having tickets? 

• Admin
59 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Excellent point from the lady about U21 fixtures , and the appalling lack of club communication - Nailed on Lady 👏🏼

The response or lack of , Tinnion totally speechless and ‘didn’t know the answer’ , Barton mumbling in the background almost apologising 

Wow

Amazing as it was appalling and embarrassing 

That was Christine, she previously raised this at a monthly SC&T meeting. We then raised it with our meeting with the club who acknowledged it needed improving. 

Sadly this hasn't happened yet, but Dave acknowledged it again this evening so hopefully we'll see a change

55 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Full of Bristol Sport employees it seems.

I know the vast majority of people that asked questions this evening and they're not Bristol Sport employees. 

The person who thanked the Lansdown family and said about the ground being a day out I didn't recognise the voice, they also weren't shown so unsure who they were 

51 minutes ago, 95red said:

Was the audience  hand picked  from coach 1 & 2 ,happy clappers utd

This isn’t a criticism, but they are the people who will be at every Bristol City event regardless of what it is. 

They don't tend to be the more vociferous section of our fanbase 

50 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

A huge opportunity missed, and now I guess we have to wait another 12 months before the next shitshow.

This isn't releasing anything secretive but the wheels are in motion to get another event at a suitable away game 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Did we lack an identity the past few seasons? I don't think we did. 

⬇️⬇️⬇️

2 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

And Mannings answer was he wants us to be hardworking etc which is exactly the identity I thought we had anyways.

Yep, very obvious that Manning (still don’t know whether use first, surname, both or LM?) sees identity very differently to a lot of fans, and that’s not formation-based or football-cliche-based either.  It’s values and principles…and I think he recognises he’s taken over a “bunch” with that in spades.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

People slag him off to high hell, but what this evening required was someone 'like' Ian Gay. I've seen him do it before at a Q&A with Steve Lansdown and he was sat in the front row basically leading proceedings. Asking difficult questions in a direct manner and always following them up so as to not let the person off the hook.

I'm afraid the problem tonight was the lack of somebody like that to get things kicked off early, then the night may have had a very different feel. 

A huge opportunity missed, and now I guess we have to wait another 12 months before the next shitshow.

Tbf I like Ian seems a reasonably intelligent bloke listening on the podcast and he articulates his argument quiet well, and isn't afraid to put the cat amongst the pigeons. I was more making the point that it would have been nice for Ian dave p and the other guys who do the Pod casts to be there to make the panel sweat abit the 4 of them got such an easy ride not 1 person there with an brain cell between them proper cringe fest.

Edited by BCFC31
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, phantom said:

That was Christine, she previously raised this at a monthly SC&T meeting. We then raised it with our meeting with the club who acknowledged it needed improving. 

Sadly this hasn't happened yet, but Dave acknowledged it again this evening so hopefully we'll see a change

Thanks Mark

Unbelieveabke 

Firstly it shouldn’t need raising by anybody - we are a multi multi million pound business who operate in an industry in which communication to customers is vital

We employ Dave Barton , Lisa Knights and god knows who else , at god knows what cost 

What are they actually doing all day

You (Not you literally) can argue how vital it is , but it’s seriously embarrassing and if that’s indicative of our overall professionalism !

Their reaction was , as I say , incredibly embarrassing 

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Like 7

22 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Rewound and rewatched certain bits, abour 25 mins or so in when Jon Lansdown was indeed struggling somewhat ie the bit about Singing fans, location, how it can feed into atmosphere etc it just suddenly flipped to a question to Tinnion about the academy and how great it was that we have so many in terms of clubs across the top 2 divisions.

Very convenient. Don't think that question was particularly well answered or explained. 

It's funny, I have some sympathy for Jon on this question.
I don't think he's at all comfortable under the spotlight and you can see the nerves and he can end up waffling . But basically he is right.
If you try to move or rearrange any number of fans it will impact on the same number of fans who already have seats and are happy where they sit. The time to do it was during the build, bit late to try and put the Genie back in the bottle. 
It would be great to sit the away fans somewhere else, to increase the singing section or to have home fans behind both goals. I just don't see an easy way of doing it. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BCFC31 said:

Tbf I like Ian seems a reasonably intelligent bloke listening on the podcast and he articulates his argument quiet well, and isn't afraid to put the cat amongst the pigeons. I was more making the point that it would have been nice for Ian dave p and the other guys who do the Pod casts to be there to make the panel sweat abit the 4 of them got such an easy ride not 1 person there with an brain cell between them proper cringe fest.

I said earlier

Geoff Twentyman to chair it would be something very different and would make it much more attractive and interesting

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, phantom said:

I know the vast majority of people that asked questions this evening and they're not Bristol Sport employees. 

The person who thanked the Lansdown family and said about the ground being a day out I didn't recognise the voice, they also weren't shown so unsure who they were 

This isn’t a criticism, but they are the people who will be at every Bristol City event regardless of what it is. 

This isn't releasing anything secretive but the wheels are in motion to get another event at a suitable away game 

If any question summed it all up, it was Jon Lansdown saying (or was it Tinns?) as a response “well I think all the games can be found on the website” 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

What I was trying to see, which has been taken quite literally is that the people there seemed to be safe people. Someone above mentioned how it must have been coach 1 and 2 users there. When obviously it wasnt. But the people there were clearly those who were quite happy to not rock the boat. People that are quite clicky and who blow smoke up the arses of the owners. 

Understand what I mean? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Olé said:

“How many have we sold for Southampton” followed by “and what would you like us to do Liam?” was an absolutely sensational question.

What would you like us to do? Seriously? Just a wild guess but I don’t think he needs you to keep it tight at the back or track the runners.

It’s 2000 away fans, jesus wept, what do you think he wants you to do? And why are you even asking? He must think we’re all very weird.

It was these sort of questions that were totally pointless. A quick Internet search would have told that person how many we are taking. Just a total waste of time. 

7 minutes ago, phantom said:

Is there a reason why the games aren't streamed any more?
With no parking at the HPC and games being rare at the Gate I don't get to watch the U21's at all now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

From memory, the fans forum with Gould and Pearson was no where near this bad was it?

No, we had FFP to dominate a fair chunk of it.

Ed Hadwin did my budget question on SOTC and Tins confirmed it’s not top-ten.

Manning saved it from being a flop.

Guessing only those attending could ask questions, there was no option to send in Qs was there?  That probably kept it tame

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Olé said:

“How many have we sold for Southampton” followed by “and what would you like us to do Liam?” was an absolutely sensational question.

What would you like us to do? Seriously? Just a wild guess but I don’t think he needs you to keep it tight at the back or track the runners.

It’s 2000 away fans, jesus wept, what do you think he wants you to do? And why are you even asking? He must think we’re all very weird.

👏🏼🤣🤣🤣👍🏻

1 hour ago, Sheltons Army said:

Am I hearing this right .... that Phil Alexander’s CEO role became ‘less important due to a Brian’s development in his role ‘ 

Ehhhhhhhh ? 

Im very confused ....just me ?

And no need to commercial skills with the way BS is set up.  Well, **** me sideways - clear to me PA was ousted because he tried to bring those skills, but it didn’t allow JL free reign to do as he liked.

Watches of ******* Bath!!! 🫣🫣🫣

1 hour ago, One Team said:

At least that guy asked a Pearson question. According to Lansdown we had an overreaction! There we go, that’s what he thinks of the reaction to the Nige sacking. 

Was basically a “**** you” answer, then he slipped in a bit of “we try to do better”.

4 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Is there a reason why the games aren't streamed any more?
With no parking at the HPC and games being rare at the Gate I don't get to watch the U21's at all now.

Blimey mate , hold yer horses 

And in the queue with the difficult U21 questions

Our Chairman , Head of Football Operations, and Head of Communications we’re unable to explain , and apparently unaware that the fixtures aren’t advertised

But , they are setting up a committee to look at it

Patience required please

• Haha 2