IGNORED

Season Ticket Renewal!

REDOXO

12 minutes ago, daored said:

Sorry but what is the ‘tv’ schedule that’s being mentioned ?

The EFL new TV deal Showing 5 live championship games every weekend Friday Night, Sat Lunchtime, Sat 5pm Sunday Lunchtime and then Monday Nights

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

This is just nuts isn’t it! 
my break even is about 17 games. 
I will always miss a couple here or there (missed the last 2 due to the early kick offs), but I’m always willing to take a hit on missing a couple. 
With this new schedule, I know for absolute fact that I’ll be missing more than a couple. 
Night games are already a ballache to get to and I’m often 50/50 an hour before but end up going anyway. 
With my break even at 17 games, and the fact Tinnion’s picture has made me sick and confused, this year I am seriously considering what I’m gonna do! 

Membership and about 10 POTD games looks much more likely right now. 

Yeah I bank on doing around 17 a season, fell short last season but on course to do 18 this. If it falls to around 13 I’m paying a lot for each game.

With this tv deal do we know if it’s just Saturday and Sunday lunchtimes that they’ll be changed to? For me that’s not ideal but not a disaster, however Friday and especially monday evenings wouldn’t be great at all.

Of course we do have to factor in our guaranteed seat, I love where I’m sat, the people, the view, the ease of getting out after the game. Plus I think every away day I’ve done this season has been sold out, so getting them is a nice bonus.

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I completely agree Tim. Like you and many fans of my generation have experienced far worse times. Several relegations to start with……..:sad26:Ive also seen better times, several promotions.

Football fans are by and large a fickle bunch whose opinions fluctuate on how the clubs doing at any particular time. It wasn’t that long ago that Arsenal fans were calling for Arteta’s head - now he’s the best thing since sliced bread.

I’ll renew as I always do - I won’t be having a hissy fit over the way the club is being run.

I have witnessed the good and the bad over the past 40 years, and I think this feels as bad as anything before.

The togetherness under Pearson, coming through a tough few years but feeling like we were building something, to the shambles this club has become over the past few months is incomparable. Lie after lie, and the total disrespect showed by Tinnion to the fans recently has to be the final straw. They have made this an us vs them environment.

Whatever happens over the next 12 months is purely the clubs own doing. I can only see it going one way and those at the top deserve what’s coming to them.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Flames 3

One thought that’s just come to me is the “combination” effect. Work it through:

- The prices for younger supporters have increased in the South Stand by more than anywhere else

- However, fans can move to the family area and the cost is less

- For fans who do move from the SS their ST seat won’t be resold and become POTD

- Logic tells me that people in the family area will want to move - typically on or before the kids hitting senior school age

- HOWEVER (and this is the key bit), they are now unable to move to the South Stand - even if they were there before 

- So, this means that as families get to an age where the family section is no longer appropriate they must get season tickets in THE MORE EXPENSIVE PARTS OF THE GROUND

- Which gives a double effect. Those in the SS with current season tickets really don’t have the option to move - or they’ll never get back and have to move to ever expensive seats. And new fans either have to go POTD or go to more expensive seats

If it’s indented, fair play it’s Machiavellian but an arse move. If it’s not (and I don’t think they’re smart enough to forward think income streams), it really shits on the fans who can afford it least. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, westonred said:

The EFL new TV deal Showing 5 live championship games every weekend Friday Night, Sat Lunchtime, Sat 5pm Sunday Lunchtime and then Monday Nights

I hate bloody sunday kick offs. Monday will be even worse!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, westonred said:

was there a consultation with the fans about this? 

• Haha 1

Not for me this time..first time for a long time...will get a membership and pick and choose games..the last few home games have been shocking even with the win on Sunday..I honestly can't see anything other than a relegation battle next season, can't quite believe what is happening to be honest..the club just feels an utter shambles at the moment....see you in the Prem 😃

• Flames 2

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Think you’ll be left with:

23 home games starting point.

5 midweek games.

That leaves 18.

First game and last games likely to be moved as theirs televising each game, so can’t be 3pm according to blackout.

That leaves 17 as you’ll only be home one of those 2 games.

Then Boxing Day and New Year plus Easter (x2) are being televised, so 2 out of 4 will be moved.

That leaves 15 on Saturday at 3pm, of which 5/12 on average will be moved, say 6.

That leaves 9 Saturday 3pm games.

Happy for others to query the maths.

IMG_0029.jpeg

IMG_0030.jpeg

Edited by Davefevs
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Bit of an administrative nightmare but maybe bring in a loyalty system where the child's ticket attendance this season being over say 70% (please people don't get too hung up on this number, I made it up) gets you the lower price for the following season whereas the selfish git whose niece attended once pays quadruple for a child ticket? 

Maybe they'd just scan the child's ticket and click the turnstile over if this happened? 🤷‍♀️

34 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

And to add into the mix, section 82 have started a petition requesting they are moved.

Tell you what lads, nothing against you but I assume you want to go to a place where people already have season tickets in place, unless you’re asking for upper Lansdown. Respect what you do, but it doesn’t give you the right to demand a move and unseat other fans, assumedly from South Central or Dolman nearest Atyeo?

If you want to move, buy a ticket in a different part of the ground. Good enough for everyone else.

To be fair to them, the petition is tabling the idea rather than setting out how they’d want it done. Obviously something like that needs input from anyone it impacts.

It is yet another huge gaffe on behalf of the club resulting from poor planning in the first instance - so a self inflicted problem once again. 

33 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I completely agree Tim. Like you and many fans of my generation have experienced far worse times. Several relegations to start with……..:sad26:Ive also seen better times, several promotions.

Football fans are by and large a fickle bunch whose opinions fluctuate on how the clubs doing at any particular time. It wasn’t that long ago that Arsenal fans were calling for Arteta’s head - now he’s the best thing since sliced bread.

I’ll renew as I always do - I won’t be having a hissy fit over the way the club is being run.

I know it’s all a bit of an act, but you don’t half come across as blinkered and self centred.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, Barrs Court Red said:

Because in the hierarchy of professional football, no one gives a **** about the fans! 

well yes…but surely the supporters trusts across the UK can raise the issue?

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I know it’s all a bit of an act, but you don’t half come across as blinkered and self centred.

I have him on ignore. I think he's just a professional agitator so best ignored.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

£2-2.5m which isn't exactly a gamechanger if accurate for all the potential disruption.

Maybe it's more but..I dunno.

….. so I had a look and it appears all Championship clubs are getting a 50% increase in TV revenue with this new deal.  The club then have the cheek to slam a 10% increase on ticket prices for fans, with no consideration for the hassle we’ll have  in trying to fit round all the re-arranged kick off times.

Add that to the NP fiasco, the appalling football we’re stuck with and then we get Tinnion’s face stuck on the new Season Ticket prices announcement, just to top it off.

Talk about sticking two fingers up to the fanbase.😡

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I have him on ignore. I think he's just a professional agitator so best ignored.

I’ve had a cull this week, very satisfying.  So much better without “agitators” - although I have a much more unpleasant word to describe them with!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

I can’t actually remember what I paid last season but a 10% increase is pretty much what I’d anticipated and seems reasonable from a business perspective. I imagine other Championship clubs have similar price rises.

What's reasonable about an increase that is more than double the current (if you believe that inflation rate)? it's attitudes like yours which embolden companies to think they can get away with it, well if the number of people that didn't bother turning up for the Swansea game is anything to go by then they are in for a bit of a shock, personally with what has mostly been served up the last two seasons they have got a bl**dy cheek 10% my ar8e.

Edited by pillred