IGNORED

Season Ticket Renewal!

REDOXO

55 minutes ago, phantom said:

Where has that been done?

Ashton Gate….South stand? Or have I misunderstood the ST renewal information.

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

No, that's all to do with tackling those who bought season tickets but didn't attend 

Jeez! 

But without those, surely they would have to announce the embarrassing attendance as it is? 🤔

Maybe they should be asking why those who have stumped up so much cash are no longer attending games that they have already paid for?

Just a thought. 

Not that much thinking goes on in the ivory towers any more.

Edited by Superjack
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Superjack said:

Are you sure that's what it was?... 🤔

2 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

I’ve had the emails and the text message. And I’m sure I’ve just seen Tinnion giving Manning a backy going past my house.

Here we go back to the LJ days again, box entries..?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, fisherrich said:

Had the text message and they can shove it up there arse until the Lansdowns get out of town.
Desperate times on ST sales no doubt.

Good on you. 

There are lots of non football reasons for renewing (social aspect etc...) and so I would never berate someone for doing so. For instance, if people are lonely, going to the game might be their one source of contact every fortnight. 

But if something like that isn't the case, then as I have stated previously, it is just condoning the absolute ****witted decision of November and the subsequent inevitable downward spiral. Not to mention supporting the perpetrators of that.

Unless it is a social lifeline, my feeling is that everyone who feels the anger that most of us seem to about this season's events should vote with their feet. 

Or nothing will change.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, phantom said:

No, that's all to do with tackling those who bought season tickets but didn't attend 

No it isn’t, I can’t move from the Lansdown to the South Stand…period.

Any STs not renewed in the SS will be sold as POTD, no opportunity for EXISTING ST holders to relocate their seats unless they already sit in the SS.

Its supposed to be the HOME end, instead it’s going to be the tourist end with quite possibly away fans buying tickets at the expense of home supporters, another crazy decision by the leadership, but hey ho just another example of the Lansdowns disconnect.

12 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

Any STs not renewed in the SS will be sold as POTD, no opportunity for EXISTING ST holders to relocate their seats unless they already sit in the SS.

Its supposed to be the HOME end, instead it’s going to be the tourist end with quite possibly away fans buying tickets at the expense of home supporters, another crazy decision by the leadership, but hey ho just another example of the Lansdowns disconnect.

That’s how I read that too.  

Basically they’re saying, if you don’t renew your SS ST by deadline day, you lose any chance of getting a new ST there in the foreseeable future, even if your previous seat is still available.  Talk about bouncing you into renewing by waving a big stick.

******* arseholes 😡

• Like 4
  • Flames 3

22 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

POTD? Bloody hell, there will be people lining Winterstoke Road to buy those with the wonderful front foot attacking football on show.....

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

POTD? Bloody hell, there will be people lining Winterstoke Road to buy those with the wonderful front foot attacking football on show.....

It will be families from Clifton Village.

"Oh Emily! I know what would be a jolly good wheeze! Why don't we take young Sebastian and Fenella to watch a football match?... Just the once, of course!"

And so they will rock up, with their thermos flasks and nasty snappy sandwiches boxes and basically have a ****ing picnic in the Lansdown stand while wiping the kid's noses and checking the status of their stocks and shares on their phones. 

But hey, our ownership's dream, right?

S.U.A.F.O.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, fisherrich said:

Had the text message and they can shove it up there arse until the Lansdowns get out of town.
Desperate times on ST sales no doubt.

I have had lots of emails and text messages - I can’t remember ever having them this frequently before

Something says to me the early bird sales are not where the club want them to be 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

My point,

Is it original ?  No . 

Whether licensed or not , and I didn't question the legality , it's not original and I (and many others) think it was a mistake.

It's clearly a mistake. I don't think JL would understand brand identity if someone metaphorically slapped him around the face with it.

I don't think anyone sees splat and thinks Bristol City.

But I suppose it does serve a purpose in highlighting where (or with whom) many of our problems lie.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

I have had lots of emails and text messages - I can’t remember ever having them this frequently before

Something says to me the early bird sales are not where the club want them to be 

I haven’t received an email or a text but I didn’t need a reminder - I renewed this morning without one.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Countryfile said:

Yep and that's the recent trend in football. To sell tickets to the tourists because the tourists spend more. 

I think thats worrying because it rips the heart out of clubs. Season ticket holders are the beating hearts of clubs. The atmosphere at places like Anfield have taken a hit. 

People can dress this up as they are just trying to fill the empty SS seats but if that was the case they'd allow SS to be purchased in there or at the very least allow existing STHs to move to the SS if they so wish. 

Limiting season tickets in there has simply been done to generate more money from potd fans.

Whilst its good that people will be able to have an affordable option for paying on the day, I feel this has gone too far.

• Like 1

Trouble is some fans were advocating this (I saw it on here) so ironically it looks like the club has listened to these fans. There were moans about fans not turning up and no POTD in the SS plus comments that ticket prices rises in the SS were needed. The actions they have taken look supportive of this view. Of course, this then negatively impacts others. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

On a brighter note, that’s reminded me of this. We all know @Olé is a top bloke but it’s worth showing for those who haven’t seen it

I remember this- what an unbelievable gesture that was, from a real BCFC fan, who does very good match reports, and was brilliant on OSIB! @Olé

it also shows how bad it’s got now with LM, that I actually miss LJ (vs LM) 

10 minutes ago, eardun said:

Trouble is some fans were advocating this (I saw it on here) so ironically it looks like the club has listened to these fans. There were moans about fans not turning up and no POTD in the SS plus comments that ticket prices rises in the SS were needed. The actions they have taken look supportive of this view. Of course, this then negatively impacts others. 

I was very vocal about the fact something needed to be done. 

But I was also vocal about the fact that there were many options available to the club to try and sort this. I advocated a use it or lose it policy. I think at clubs like Brighton if you miss x amount of games in a row. You get a 5 match ban. 

The club didn't try any of these options. They simply went for the nuclear option of trying to discourage u12s season tickets in the SS and then blocking the sale of new season tickets in the SS. 

I think it's incredibly poor that during a cost of living crisis, people are now unable to buy the cheapest season tickets as a new STH. 

• Like 2

A question for those who may know: I want to switch seats within the Dolman. According to the website I can only do this on April 24th.

However, a fellow fan has told me that if we renew our seats beforehand we can then switch them later. Is this so? I’m confused!

30 minutes ago, glastored said:

A question for those who may know: I want to switch seats within the Dolman. According to the website I can only do this on April 24th.

However, a fellow fan has told me that if we renew our seats beforehand we can then switch them later. Is this so? I’m confused!

You can renew your seat and then request a switch later. Once your ticket is showing in your profile you can sort online yourself 

39 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I was very vocal about the fact something needed to be done. 

But I was also vocal about the fact that there were many options available to the club to try and sort this. I advocated a use it or lose it policy. I think at clubs like Brighton if you miss x amount of games in a row. You get a 5 match ban. 

The club didn't try any of these options. They simply went for the nuclear option of trying to discourage u12s season tickets in the SS and then blocking the sale of new season tickets in the SS. 

I think it's incredibly poor that during a cost of living crisis, people are now unable to buy the cheapest season tickets as a new STH. 

Yes use it or lose it policy is usually combined with a ticket exchange site which enables you to make your seat available to a POTD fan (which is then classed as using it). See Spurs for example. I guess that costs the club a tidy sum to set up though, although would be ideal. 

14 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

I can, last season, and the season before that,

It's not as desperate as people are making out, it's just normal marketing sadly

8 minutes ago, red panda said:

Any chance we could stop talking about "tourists"?  Some of us live hundreds of miles away from AG, don't attend many home games because of that and therefore don't have a season ticket (and often end up attending more away than home matches).  Others may have caring responsibilities, other regular commitments, or simply not able to afford a season ticket.  I know we're second class fans, and I genuflect every morning, but we're not tourists.  

Indeed, just because you live in Scotland doesn't make you any less of a fan then someone living in Bristol,

I fact if you make the effort to travel to a home game from miles away I'd say that makes you a bigger fan,

We don't get tourist fans we are bristol city not real madrid

• Like 7

So the activists who are not renewing season tickets-is it because of increase in pricing , which by the way falls in line with most other increases in the football league  or

is it because team ( by the way is still NP team )is not performing above average  or 

the new manager ( young manager ) is trying to implement a different style but is failing , maybe needs funding for summer transfer window  or 

we’re continually blaming owners who have made a few mistakes ( that happens ) but has invested heavily and without that investment our ground would be behind our neighbours up north Bristol or our academy which has saved us due to millions of £ of transfer returns , where do you find owners like this again , also who’s hands are tied by FFP ruling  NO these activists or should I call them sheep are entitled to their own opinion as are we all but I bet it’s the same ones that will come running back if we have a good season, the faithful 12000 or so who turn up EVERY game will still be there so their actions make no difference in fact  I prefer when the whingers are absent 

• Like 3
  • Hmmm 1
  • Facepalm 15