IGNORED

Tinnion is being treated far too harshly

reddogkev

2 minutes ago, WeAreThePigs said:

The forum is not a true representation of wider fan base.

It’s embarrassing.

I think you might find that is incorrect, this time around. 

Hopefully, you are just a troll and not employed by 'BS'. 

Otherwise I think you may have a monumental shock coming.

Edited by Superjack
  • Like 6

Just now, Superjack said:

I think you might fing that that is incorrect, this time around. 

Hopefully, you are just a troll and not employed by 'BS'. 

Otherwise I think you may have a monumental shock coming.

I look forward to seeing the Tinnion out banner, not that it will happen.

Just now, WeAreThePigs said:

Straight back in under thirty seconds. 

Troll or BS bot. 

Fair play if you're just a troll. 

Impressive levels of sadness.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Superjack said:

Well...

... I give you "It's my club".

Defining 'light bulb' moment....

Yeah that pissed me off too! 

Then he poured money into the bottomless khazi that was LJ! 

No parallels with the current situation with a bloke crying for my players at all …Nope!

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Alessandro said:

I was talking about this on another thread today - it’s considered to be ‘fact’ Tinnion is THE academy man. He seems to get the majority of plaudits for our youth set up, but the question is…is that fair??

The fact is - he’s wasn’t head of the academy until 2021 - when the last crop of academy boys had made their first team debuts - Scott, Conway and Bell etc.

The plaudits there should be going to Gary Probert, academy manager for 9 years - who left to go to….Ipswich….

Semenyo, Scott, Conway, Bell, Vyner, Max, Pring, Kelly, Bryan, Bobby… all pre- Tinnion as manager of the academy.

We also know the pathway has been a success in recent years, but that was ironically largely due to FFP blunder transfer restrictions and NP having to blood so many.

Before 2021 he was part of the scouting team and he was the loan manager (remember NP’s comment on that) - but credit to him for his part in finding some of these players.

We are yet to see what ‘his’ crop of 2021 onwards boys can do at first level, the supply has seemingly slowed. Perhaps in part because they are chasing FA youth cup glory? Now we have more room with the cash, you could argue the Jan signings he made have played a part in blocking the pathway.

Interestingly in my research for all this - you get the sense for some years the club have been grooming Tinnion for this role. 

In all the articles about the success of the academy or signings of youngsters like Scott etc - there is Tinnion “loan manager” in the picture with the player and sometimes Probert.

And it’s often Tinnion who is the one doing to media on the academy, despite him being “loan manager” or “pathway manager” - not Probert as head of the academy in the limelight, but Tinnion put forward.

Hence why I think the perception is what it is and why I think he may be getting more credit than he’s due…

Sorry if people think I’m being harsh on Tinnion - if anyone with a better knowledge of the academy can refute my analysis - I’m happy to stand corrected.

Excellent post and it provides balance to the debate…and corrects a few “facts”.

He has of course played a part and deserves credit, but it wasn’t a one-man effort, as is made out by the “defence”.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

He talks as if we are stupid. Saying blatant lies as if they are facts. 

It’s pretty clear he had something to do with Pearson and Wilson in losing their jobs for his own gain. 

He couldn’t even spell his own job title correctly in his twitter bio. 

More importantly he’s part of the hierarchy that is taking this club only one way. 

Do not feel the bit sorry for him. The academy line is boring and a lot of players pushed themselves into first team reckoning before he even arrived back into the fold. 

I’m growing to hate him and the Lansdowns. 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Firstly I think you have to separate the Nige sacking from the LM appointment and treat each individually.

I am unsure of BT’s involvement in the sacking.

But I’m very sure of his involvement in the LM appointment.  SL, JL and GM are not gonna come up with LM’s name without serious input from BT.

And similarly, you treat recruitment separately.  It’s been decent for 18-24 months.  Knight, Dickie, etc.  Still question marks over Twine and even bigger over Mebude.  We will see re Bird, Murphy and Stokes.  All three on our radar pre Manning, so SG and BT’s fingerprints all over them.  I’ll sit on the fence re BT’s first window - a 6/10.

Can judge the summer much better, when it finishes.

Good post Fevs. I wish he’d stayed looking after the academy, the most slidiest of sliding doors moments.

To a couple of your points he was involved in the sacking and the appointment. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

I think it's absolutely fair to question, critique, and be vigorous when talking about his professional role. That extends into how he communicates, his literacy, etc. In my opinion due to the position he's in.

It sometimes descends into personal attacks or basically bullying though, and the same with Jon Lansdown which is just sad and unnecessary imo.

it weakens your argument when it becomes playground.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Superjack said:

Well...

... I give you "It's my club".

Defining 'light bulb' moment....

People talk about the Nige sacking as the moment they lost faith in Lansdown. For me it was always this comment first and when my opinion of him changed for the worse. The Nige sacking just underlined it. 

• Like 4
  • Flames 2

Just now, One Team said:

People talk about the Nige sacking as the moment they lost faith in Lansdown. For me it was always this comment first and when my opinion of him changed for the worse. The Nige sacking just underlined it. 

Yep, that comment was “the moment” for me too.  Changed everything.

• Like 8

26 minutes ago, WeAreThePigs said:

It’s embarrassing.

In my experience the views here about Lansdown, Tinnion and Manning are quite measured. 

What I see, read and hear away from OTIB in my social circle is far more damning. 

You world view may be different of course, I respect that, but I don’t think you can really quote the views on here as not being representative when what you actually just have is an opinion and perception; unless you’ve surveyed the entire fan base of course!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’m surprised more people aren’t triggered by it Fevs TBH. The arrogance of it should’ve pissed each and every City fan off forever. In three words he summed up how he feels about the club and us as fans and it’s been on a downward trend ever since.

Edited by One Team
  • Like 9

25 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Even though I agree with the majority, ie he isn’t really fit for the job, I am starting to become a bit uncomfortable with all this. Maybe it is time to slack off.

Yep. Agree.

For me, the probationary period for the new set up has expired. All have expressed their views. The Club have decided to motor on. Fine, we know our place.

The fans have stepped up with amazing home and away attendances considering all that’s gone on. Over to the Club now to deliver on their promises.

Come on City, surprise us. You reds.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, One Team said:

yes, me too. The straw that broke the camel's back. 

I mean, we've put up with lots of dross and bad managers over the years but as soon as there is a breath of success… 😳

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Leabrook said:

Great footballer

Good academy organiser

Awful manager

Abysmal Technical Director

Shocking Communicator 

Anyone who can do an interview to improve the situation, only to make it worse is at best, incompetent 

Communication really has been as bad as I can ever remember this season, bordering amateur and unprofessional at times.

For a management team that claim to be progressive and forward thinking they are clueless when it comes to getting the fans (life blood of this club) onboard with the plan.

Tinnion for all his positive points and service to the club is out of his depth even if LM proves to be a success, just doesn’t have the presence and expierence to direct our football club. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, WeAreThePigs said:

This is a favourite comment when someone find themselves in the minority of opinion and as the proverbial kite in a hurricane on here.

I would suggest the mood here is a pretty good representation of the wider fan base and is seen on social media too - this is also reflected in the general poor atmosphere and unrest at times at Ashton Gate at the moment, coupled with the increasing number of empty seats clearly visible recently.

• Like 13
  • Flames 2

23 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Was that before or after his "I feel sorry for the fans if they can't see what we're trying to do" in response to criticism over the appointment of holden? 

Anyway for me it was sh*tting on Cotts after he had built up as good a team spirit and momentum I have witnessed as a city fan.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, JAWS said:

Was that before or after his "I feel sorry for the fans if they can't see what we're trying to do" in response to criticism over the appointment of holden? 

Anyway for me it was sh*tting on Cotts after he had built up as good a team spirit and momentum I have witnessed as a city fan.

omg it's almost like "let them eat cake"

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

6 hours ago, Leabrook said:

Great footballer

Good academy organiser

Awful manager

Abysmal Technical Director

Shocking Communicator 

Anyone who can do an interview to improve the situation, only to make it worse is at best, incompetent 

The crux of it for me. He went on a radio show as part of his job that he's paid handsomely for and rather than answering points in a calm, rational manner he was telling untruths that take five minutes on the internet to expose, losing his composure and divulging commercially sensitive and, in fact, private information. To the people accusing everyone of a "pile on" why don't you have a go squaring that with the position AND PAY that he has at the football club? If a Fund Manager at Hargreaves Lansdown portrayed themselves in the same manner they would no longer be a Fund Manager at Hargreaves Lansdown.

• Like 2
  • Flames 2

4 hours ago, reddogkev said:

I don't care if I get shot down, that's fine, but I am sick of the negativity towards Tinnion.

I love the guy.  Pure and simple, he's a city legend and was in the team for my first four years as a fan and had a left peg I absolutely worshipped.

Anyway, I'm not here to talk about his football legacy, I think it's cruel and unfair the way he's treated on here, quite often as a figure of fun and with his intelligence and communication skills being mocked and belittled, you should be ashamed of yourselves.

He's not our enemy, he's our ambassador, he's a man who's gave most of his working career to our club, even though being a Geordie and having no previous affinity to the club.

We know he's not the best fit for the job he currently has, but he had the ambition to go for it, the same as his stint as a manager, he wasn't up to speed, but he had the ambition and drive to go for it.  I respect and love that.

It's not his fault if he's not right for the job, it's up the people above him if they feel he should be replaced.

Personally, I want him in charge of the academy, that's his best fit and hopefully he will be back there sometime in the future - back within his comfort zone.

But in the meantime, he will definitely be giving everything to the club and deserves much more respect and our support.

You don't have to love Pearson and hate Brian, you can appreciate them both!

And even though I don't agree with Manning being our gaffer, I can see the reasons why he was recruited.

37 minutes ago, NewquayRed said:

Communication really has been as bad as I can ever remember this season, bordering amateur and unprofessional at times.

For a management team that claim to be progressive and forward thinking they are clueless when it comes to getting the fans (life blood of this club) onboard with the plan.

Tinnion for all his positive points and service to the club is out of his depth even if LM proves to be a success, just doesn’t have the presence and expierence to direct our football club. 

Communication fell apart the day Lisa knights forced beanhead out of his job

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WeAreThePigs said:

Who needs a banner?

There could be a fair few voting with their feet for next season, so it’ll be interesting to see how smug the BS lot and their fanboys on here are then.

6 hours ago, Crimson Crayola said:

Critiquing him on his role is fair. But the majority of the flack that comes his way isn't based on his performance as technical director but the assumed role (on no evidence) he played in the dismissal of Pearson.

"Assumed". "No evidence".

Amongst the reasons we were given for sacking Pearson were:

The manager is never here these days - The players are being given too much time off - We want more on the grass coaching of front foot progressive football.

And there's only one way you can come to those conclusions - you'd have to spend a lot of your time at the HPC.

SL, JL, GM, BT are the people responsible for Pearson's sacking.

So unless SL can see from Guernsey what goes on at the HPC every day, unless JL can do so from Bermuda or Feverpitch HQ, who the hell do you think came up with the bullsh1t about Pearson not turning up enough, the players having too much time away from the HPC, not enough "progressive" coaching going on out on the grass? GM being irrelevant.

Who?

Even Inspector Clouseau could identify the culprit in that line up.

What's more, only one of those 4 had motive and opportunity.

Not only that but form for it too - Danny Wilson told us so.

So you'd have to be a one-eyed dunce not to know who was responsible for pouring poison in Lansdown's ear. Again.

It was Tinnion. In the HPC. With a knife.

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 9
  • Flames 10

Tinnion too harshly? Well that takes some beating. I really appreciated him as a player, but he destroyed his reputation with his underhand behaviour back in the day. Guess what ? He was back to form in recent times. He is overpromoted, and, quite incredibly, has become the Lansdown family reference point for football strategy. He is so far off the required standard it hurts, and even worse, the Lansdown family believe what he is saying. That says much more about their judgement than his ability. He needs to go, but he is not alone. 

• Like 6