IGNORED

Liam Pre WBA

1 hour ago, Shuffle said:

Naismith has made more appearances on Robins TV than on the pitch! Started 10 games this season after missing loads last season. Ā Definition of not getting value on the pitch & someone we need to try and move on. Undoubted quality but that counts for nothing if constantly out.

And to think Kalas got bad press for one bad injury, not a series of several different ones like Naismith. Get him out in the summer.Ā 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

16 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Wellā€¦..they are better placed in the table than us so why not try to copy them? Getting Wes Burns back might helpā€¦ā€¦..ā€¦:cool2:

Well it was Luton the other month...they keep mentioning other teams, yet apparently we want to achieve success doing it our own way.Ā 

Ā 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, spudski said:

Well it was Luton the other month...they keep mentioning other teams, yet apparently we want to achieve success doing it our own way.Ā 

Any Championship club that are higher in the Championship table than us, particularly the top 6 or 7 are worth learning from. Manning openly admits that heā€™s learning all the time.

Of course the big difference is the depth and quality in the various squadsā€¦..oh wait!ā€¦..we have a top six squad as well - donā€™t we?Ā 

43 minutes ago, The turtle said:

Southampton, are becoming the equivalent of that you pulled who was waaaaaaaay out if your League.

Ā 

The one who if you stop talking about, maybe it didn't happen.

I find it surprising that heā€™s comparing ā€œsetting-upā€ the same for Southampton and Swansea, but expecting the same ā€œresultsā€ (not WDL).

My simple view is that Southampton overcommit players and therefore counterattacks are not just on, but likely to be a good chance to create good opportunities.

Swansea donā€™t overcommit / didnā€™t overcommit. Ā Under Martin they did, but heā€™s not there. Ā Even if Luke Williams has a possession based approach, he doesnā€™t bomb players on willy-nilly, they still stay in a good structure. Ā And in staying in that good structure they are also well placed to press and win it back.

Ā 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, spudski said:

Ā 

So far we have been told we should copy Brighton, then Brentford, then Luton and now Ipswich. At this rate we will eventually get through the remaining clubs in the pyramid in 88 years.

Actually 87, we can't compare with Coventry because the sold players for big money.

Ā 

• Haha 13

20 minutes ago, Ashton Fete said:

Same old cliche stuff youā€™d expect but he yet again misses the opportunity to talk directly to the fans directly or indirectly but just sense the mood.

Iā€™ll have a go..

ā€Look I get the fans frustrations, iā€™m learning the players, the players are learning the methods and style Iā€™m trying to implement. Ā Sometimes it feels weā€™re making progress, sometimes itā€™s not but I believe in what weā€™re trying to achieve and so please be patient, I want a positive end to the season, a hard pre season and significant improvement starting game one in Augā€

I reckon that would get various degrees of buy in from usĀ 

Ā 

Great post. Itā€™s not rocket science - donā€™t get why he doesnā€™t at least try to connect with fans.Ā 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Heā€™s going to continue giving pre and post match interviews as thatā€™s his job. Not sure we need a new thread with the same people making the same jokes each time.Ā 

Why not he's a bore so worth a laugh.

3 minutes ago, Ben1980 said:

Great post. Itā€™s not rocket science - donā€™t get why he doesnā€™t at least try to connect with fans.Ā 

Ta. It took about a minute by someone on the sofa with a heavy cold sneezing on average every 10 seconds šŸ˜‚

Youā€™re right itā€™s not rocket science so I canā€™t fathom how he or the PR team donā€™t encourage or enforce this type of communicationĀ 

13 minutes ago, chinapig said:

So far we have been told we should copy Brighton, then Brentford, then Luton and now Ipswich. At this rate we will eventually get through the remaining clubs in the pyramid in 88 years.

Actually 87, we can't compare with Coventry because the sold players for big money.

Ā 

Well done Sir for keeping up!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

Havenā€™t watched & wont be. Iā€™m not one for conspiracy theories at all , but I wouldnā€™t be surprised if Naismith has been too outspoken for some & wont play for us againĀ 

Thing is he'll leave, go to a decent team, play week in week out and be one of the best players in the championshipĀ 

17 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I find it surprising that heā€™s comparing ā€œsetting-upā€ the same for Southampton and Swansea, but expecting the same ā€œresultsā€ (not WDL).

My simple view is that Southampton overcommit players and therefore counterattacks are not just on, but likely to be a good chance to create good opportunities.

Swansea donā€™t overcommit / didnā€™t overcommit. Ā Under Martin they did, but heā€™s not there. Ā Even if Luke Williams has a possession based approach, he doesnā€™t bomb players on willy-nilly, they still stay in a good structure. Ā And in staying in that good structure they are also well placed to press and win it back.

Ā 

They do keep 2 hugging the touchline (Swans).

17 minutes ago, Ben1980 said:

Probably for the same reason as the owners don't contact. We are not professional football coaches so he doesn't know how to keep us informed or involved. We're just the rabble who knows nothing about coaching who turn up, year in year out hoping to be entertained.

45 minutes ago, nickolas said:

And to think Kalas got bad press for one bad injury, not a series of several different ones like Naismith. Get him out in the summer.Ā 

Interestingly since getting fit at Schalke (no pre season) Tomas is an ever present this seasonā€¦

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

They do keep 2 hugging the touchline (Swans).

Yes, very noticeable how high Tymon (LB) and Naughton (RB) played in their early build-up phase. But I guess where they differ from Saints is that one of Grimes or Allen always (virtually always) sit in, sometimes both.

Our success came (eventuality) behind Tymon didnā€™t it?

46 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Heā€™s going to continue giving pre and post match interviews as thatā€™s his job. Not sure we need a new thread with the same people making the same jokes each time.Ā 

To be fair, there is pretty much a thread every time there is a pre match presser because itā€™s a time we hear from the club and thatā€™s been the case under any manager. Itā€™s bizarre to suggest it should be any other way.

48 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Weā€™ve been shit for forty years - what else would we talk about? šŸ¤£

Couldnā€™t give a monkeys of how boring his interviews are or what he said or in matter a fact what Nige use to say either , 3 points and decent performance thatā€™s all that counts for me .Ā 
bit like all political parties what they say is irrelevant itā€™s what happens when they are in power , talk means nothing in life itā€™s actions and results for me , donā€™t know why some of you get so riled up by his interviews and say how boring they are etc etc then watch the next one and next one and next one , šŸ™ˆ

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

Havenā€™t watched & wont be. Iā€™m not one for conspiracy theories at all , but I wouldnā€™t be surprised if Naismith has been too outspoken for some & wont play for us againĀ 

Nice thought, but if that was the case there's no way the club would let him anywhere near the presentationĀ 

53 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Two obvious repliesĀ 

If the threads are that predictable and you don't like them.... Why are you opening it?Ā 

Where's the rest of his backroom staff?Ā