IGNORED

Liam Pre WBA

4 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Club is obviously on the wind-up.

Well although as I said it wasn’t a car crash it didn’t imbue me with confidence or inspire. For buzzword fans we had a lot of emotion, several biggest bits and a cat and mouse.

As ever, the most interesting section was Piercy. I think JP was trying to “lead” Liam a bit into opening out that he wasn’t necessarily the textbook must have possession coach he seems to be but Liams answer only reaffirmed that he is. He did kind of not really answer a question about fan unrest a bit and said again that the four losses were fine margins. JP did try and get him to open out on prior poor runs but he kind of didn’t answer that.

If you wanted it to reinforce what you thought, it was an interview to do that. Not really worth watching for anything significant and not a car crash and after Monday, I think the club would take that.

• Like 2

Naismith has made more appearances on Robins TV than on the pitch! Started 10 games this season after missing loads last season.  Definition of not getting value on the pitch & someone we need to try and move on. Undoubted quality but that counts for nothing if constantly out.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Flames 2

9 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

Naismith has made more appearances on Robins TV than on the pitch! Started 10 games this season after missing loads last season.  Definition of not getting value on the pitch & someone we need to try and move on. Undoubted quality but that counts for nothing if constantly out.

Fed up with the bloke.

At the end of the season he should donate a month’s wages to Zak & Rob Dickie, seeing as they’ve had to play virtually every game because he’s seemingly never fit.

Cornick takes plenty of flak on here, but just like Anis, since joining he’s yet to miss a single game. He might not be the greatest but at least he’s available to play his part.

If anyone is interested in taking Naismith off our hands this summer I’d snap their hand off.

• Like 13
  • Flames 1

41 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

No car crashes this time. However I counted seven Southamptons!

Biggest news is that Twine fit, Tanner maybe but Naismith out and from the sounds of it for the season.

Haven’t watched & wont be. I’m not one for conspiracy theories at all , but I wouldn’t be surprised if Naismith has been too outspoken for some & wont play for us again 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Yeah - LM is not under any real pressure (following the win on Sunday), and JP presented him with a great opportunity to talk about (dare I say take some accountability for) the poor run beforehand, and he didn’t.  Switched off at that point. 

19 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

So that means Naismith unlikely to ever play for us again and Tanner will be back around Christmas time. 

Having watched it (& I thought it was ok, certainly far better than Tinnion on Monday), it is pretty clear Tanner will be on the bench at West Brom.

I’m not criticising LM over Naismith, truth is the bloke wasn’t fit very often under the previous regime, either.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Biggest news is that Twine fit, Tanner maybe but Naismith out and from the sounds of it for the season.

Southampton, are becoming the equivalent of that you pulled who was waaaaaaaay out if your League.

The one who if you stop talking about, maybe it didn't happen.

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, The turtle said:

Southampton, are becoming the equivalent of that you pulled who was waaaaaaaay out if your League.

The one who if you stop talking about, maybe it didn't happen.

I expect we'll have a special pre match celebration for it in ten years, with an anniversary shirt to boot. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

22 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Having watched it (& I thought it was ok, certainly far better than Tinnion on Monday), it is pretty clear Tanner will be on the bench at West Brom.

I’m not criticising LM over Naismith, truth is the bloke wasn’t fit very often under the previous regime, either.

I've not watched it and probably won't unless I need help falling to sleep. 

Just thought I'd be light of the fact when a player is only a week away they are usually quite a while away. 

• Like 1

Yep. Tins and now Liam harping on about the Southampton game over and over. It was 1 bloody good performance. Look at the full picture please...

13 wins in 37 games....

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

Apparently we are now aspiring to play like Ipswich 🙈🤣

Well…..they are better placed in the table than us so why not try to copy them? Getting Wes Burns back might help……..…:cool2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 4

As ever, the most interesting section was Piercy. I think JP was trying to “lead” Liam a bit into opening out that he wasn’t necessarily the textbook must have possession coach he seems to be but Liams answer only reaffirmed that he is. He did kind of not really answer a question about fan unrest a bit and said again that the four losses were fine margins. JP did try and get him to open out on prior poor runs but he kind of didn’t answer that.

Before the Swansea game, Piercy gave Manning the opportunity (in not so many words but it was obvious what he was angling towards) to expand on his "1 bad performance in 20" comment and explain what "good looks like" to him in terms of a performance, because to Manning its obviously not just the result.

Answer came there none.

Just waffle, buzzwords, pre-programmed phrases, the usual "yeah, no, to be fair" cliches, all delivered in a robotic, personality free manner.

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 5
  • Flames 1

Same old cliche stuff you’d expect but he yet again misses the opportunity to talk directly to the fans directly or indirectly but just sense the mood.

I’ll have a go..

”Look I get the fans frustrations, i’m learning the players, the players are learning the methods and style I’m trying to implement.  Sometimes it feels we’re making progress, sometimes it’s not but I believe in what we’re trying to achieve and so please be patient, I want a positive end to the season, a hard pre season and significant improvement starting game one in Aug”

I reckon that would get various degrees of buy in from us 

• Like 2