IGNORED

Manning in

Curr Avon

3 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

for the most part we’ve not been battered by anyone

Good point Major.  I was only thinking earlier that although the football has been uninspiring at times, when we have lost its generally been by one goal with the odd game by two.  No 5-0 thrashings.

5 minutes ago, mozo said:

Here's a question then, how did Nige's teams do against sides that sit in? Or indeed LJ's?

Wouldn’t mind seeing the stats on that.

I think we definitely better under nige against those sides. Grinding out the results.

1 hour ago, TDarwall said:

If he said Liam Manning was the right man for the job & should be given time & money would you agree (him being an ex pro)?

I'd be surprised if many City fans went home today thinking Max papered over the cracks. 

Not sure about any of what you are saying. You said disingenuous. I’ve pointed out he said what I said. 

4 hours ago, The Original OTIB said:

Good win both, but Saints and Leicester both in shaky form when visiting. Played both at a good time.

You are a joker, Southampton we’re on an unbeaten run of 25 games, please give credit where credit is due, I know that’s very difficult for many on here

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, watkins1983 said:

Wouldn’t mind seeing the stats on that.

I think we definitely better under nige against those sides. Grinding out the results.

We won 15 games last season and 9 of our 23 home games.

I had a quick breeze through the results and it's hard to spot a pattern to be honest.

LJ was notoriously streaky of course so not quite about levels.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

Despite supposedly losing the dressing room, being out of his depth, and boring I'd say our manager deserves a lot of credit for today's excellent victory against Premier League bound Leicester.

Although I expect several of you to disagree.

This place is crazy. One win doesn’t change the fact he has been incredibly poor since being appointed. Today was good and if it carries on then brilliant, but we need consistency and we’ve been here before. Always expected us to win today, we always do in these types of games. 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, mozo said:

Here's a question then, how did Nige's teams do against sides that sit in? Or indeed LJ's?

I don’t think we’ve been able to regularly unlock sides that do that since Cotts - and those were only League 1 sides. 
It’s been our problem for years and through successive regimes. 
Personally, I think you unlock sides like those who ‘park the bus’ by playing ‘route 1’ football - but we haven’t got a big centre forward or a defender who can push forward with the stature of Flint, so there’s no point in trying right now and we continue to try and play ‘through’ them - mostly without success. 

Edited by bcfcredandwhite
Correct grammar
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

You are a joker, Southampton we’re on an unbeaten run of 25 games, please give credit where credit is due, I know that’s very difficult for many on here

Read qualifications elsewhere re: Saints. Re: results, I have given credit. It isn't difficult at all. Also, why start with an insult?

A modicum of consistency is all many ask.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, mozo said:

Did Nige play tactics like today or are you just basing it on possession?

We certainly wouldn't have got the winner today under Nige, as he wouldn't have played Mehmeti!

• Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1
  • Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

A modicum of consistency is all many ask.

Consistency in performances and results would really help our sanity!

I think the debatable part is whether Manning should be held accountable for that lack of consistency.

Nige was striving for consistency and struggling, not helped by our squad peppered with injuries on a consistent basis. 

An then the players. Is it in Manning's gift to make Mehmeti a consistent performer in the space of a few months? Nige barely played the lad. So many of this squad are still establishing themselves at this level and seem to struggle with their performances; Bell, TGH, Mehmeti, Tanner, McCrorie all spring to mind.

And then the inconsistency of available players, in what has yet again been a season with almost every players having time on the sidelines at some stage.

Some will say that's making excuses for Manning, others will say its context. 

Maybe Manning is the one that is inconsistent and still finding his groove at this level? Entirely possible. 

• Like 4

We had a lot of grit and determination in that performance today, faster paced and not the typical LM kind of game. I didn’t see the Soton game so can’t comment how it relates to LC. 
I’m not sure we’re physically able to play at that ferocity every game.

liked Hayden and Cam working together 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bris Red said:

Credit where it is due however i am reserving judgement on Manning untill we see a proper upturn in results and not just another flash in the pan which this result could very well turn out to be again..

Agreed, credit is due but it can't be underestimated the improvement of the team with presence of James back in the side after a spell out, we do perform better with him in, imo.

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

I wonder what influence Conway’s assessment of the way and shape that the Foxes play had today?  I intended to notice if he’d make different runs but was too engrossed in the game to really notice.

One thing I did notice was McCrory  hitting the side netting when well placed to pull it back. I can remember at least twice he did that - very frustrating as a second City goal would have killed them off.

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

This place is crazy. One win doesn’t change the fact he has been incredibly poor since being appointed. Today was good and if it carries on then brilliant, but we need consistency and we’ve been here before. Always expected us to win today, we always do in these types of games. 

Yeah the amount of people getting back in to bed again with Manning is wild to me. 

What I saw today was good, but that's the minimum expectation I have when watching this club. The vast majority of games this season have been well below this standard, I've seen enough. 

• Like 10

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I wonder what influence Conway’s assessment of the way and shape that the Foxes play had today?  I intended to notice if he’d make different runs but was too engrossed in the game to really notice.

One thing I did notice was McCrory  hitting the side netting when well placed to pull it back. I can remember at least twice he did that - very frustrating as a second City goal would have killed them off.

If Conway could have put away one of the fairly tricky chances he had today we'd be saying he looks like a Premier League striker. He caused the defenders all sorts of trouble, and just lacked the ability to do what Mehmeti managed which is to put his shot wide enough of the keeper.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

I’m far from sensitive . Of course I enjoyed it. So if you’re the opposite of blindly following then you might have similar views to me . Why have a pop at people boycotting games. Instead of trying to bait people , just enjoy the win . 

Seems like you are a bit oversensitive, given your other posts in response to similar comments. I guess I shouldn’t judge you for that, I also got quite upset by a nasty comment made at me from another forum member a few weeks back. 

I don’t agree with the bile that’s been directed by some at Manning, it’s made this forum unreadable at times for me and it course I’m feeling a bit like I want to playfully bait those who have been overly negative. I can enjoy the win and be happy for Manning, without losing sight of the bigger picture that we have serious off the field problems caused by our owners. The two aren’t mutually exclusive.

Anyway, enjoy the feeling of three hard earned points.

Edited by Wanderingred
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, Woofyourkipper said:

i think most are missing the point here today.

we played well in parts and created some chances

BUT

Leicester were by a mile the better team today and missed untold clear cut chances to score 2/3/4 goals, another day we don't get so lucky.

i'm still manning out

By a mile the better team? I think we must have been watching a different game, a draw would have possibly been fairer but I would say from what I saw it was very slightly in OUR favour, miles better hmm.

1 hour ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Yeah the amount of people getting back in to bed again with Manning is wild to me. 

What I saw today was good, but that's the minimum expectation I have when watching this club. The vast majority of games this season have been well below this standard, I've seen enough. 

The vast majority of games in the last five years have been well below standard, Mannings had five months and his tenure is going from the sublime to the ridiculous and back again, as usual, it’s more consistency that’s needed because when we are good we are good and when we are bad we are very bad

5 hours ago, Street red said:

That win does paper over the cracks what's changed since last week what's changed in the last 20 years absolutely nothing,It's the same old same old everyone gets excited over odd games it's about the season not beating tops teams now and then and getting nowhere.

I'd say Swansea result and clean sheet papered over the cracks although barely.

Today was 1-0 but very different. Some quite good football, positive, used ball well when we got the chance and Leicester are clearly a top 4 side at this level.

Wider picture? Just one game, let's see how or if we can go from there albeit midtable is the most likely outcome this season of course.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 5

27 minutes ago, pillred said:

By a mile the better team? I think we must have been watching a different game, a draw would have possibly been fairer but I would say from what I saw it was very slightly in OUR favour, miles better hmm.

Different views I guess,clear cut chances absolutely they were streets ahead

I think when the season's over and we can reflect it will be clear that the squad was not as good as last season, very difficult to replace the likes of Scott and Semenyo effectively, so if we end up with more than the 59 points we got then it will be a reasonable result.

6 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'd say Swansea result and clean sheet papered over the cracks although barely.

Today was 1-0 but very different. Some quite good football, positive, used ball well when we got the chance and Leicester are clearly a top 4 side at this level.

Wider picture? Just one game, let's see how or if we can go from there albeit midtable is the most likely outcome this season of course.

I’m sure we’re all very happy with the win which puts us pretty much out of danger especially against a team that’s full of former PL players. 

The Foxes missed at least 3 golden opportunities with Vardy being the main culprit and the one gifted to him after a defensive error was incredible that he didn’t bury it. Should City give up chances like those at Home Park we definitely won’t dodge a bullet again.

That said - City had two stonewall penalties denied and it’s remarkable that the Conway incident wasn’t given considering that the referee had a perfect view. As for Dickie getting wrestled to the ground that was a more difficult to award especially as things like that occur at virtually every corner.

I’d have been satisfied if the game had been a 2-2 draw but obviously delighted with a (albeit a fortunate) clean sheet and the victory.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

If you honestly think a sexual relationship between the women’s team will in anyway effect the men’s team then you are to put it nicely a nutter 

What I honestly think is based on what I've honestly been told.