IGNORED

Nige on “No Tippy Tappy Football” podcast - send your questions!

exAtyeoMax

Just now, Davefevs said:

I was trying to understand FJM’s insinuation, but I think you’ve worked it out.

Sounds like Jon just “made it up” to give him an excuse for Nige and Rennie.

And as for suggesting caused on purpose, I’ve read it all now.  My word!

Didn’t he give the players over a week off mid season :laugh: 

27 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Most “bosses” would support their “staff” through illness, wouldn’t they?

Yeah they bloody should do, and they did through his long covid tbf,  but 'feels' like it was part of their thinking (not that I ever know anything!)

1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

Really interesting points Allardyce makes about the confidentiality clause. Quite shocking that Pearson learned about the views and results on deconditioning via the interviews rather than anyone raising it before...

Actually that points the finger at JL rather than BT as NP says that if JL had any issues re deconditioning he could have spoken to BT to understand the position. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, mozo said:

At the point that Scott had been sold, and it became clear that we weren't going to splurge any of the profits, I'm pretty sure that the consensus was that we'd be upper mid table, but not on a charge for the playoffs.

I do agree when Nige says Liam inherited a good situation, in that we have a young squad, full of potential, all with a great attitude, very hardworking and obedient. Manning doesn't have to cull or overhaul. That's a good footing. But it doesn't therefore mean that the expectation should be playoffs. I don't believe Nige would have got us in the playoffs, but you and I may differ on that?

I think this confirms that Nige was sacked for the reasons that we all thought: relationship with owner and NP's health. He rightly appears pissed off about it.

Even with that there was still a clear expectation of progress. 

At the very most we've stood still. I'd argue we've slightly regressed. The gap to the play offs has got wider. 

I've listed a number if games this season that we were more than capable of getting more points from than we did previously on here. Even with selling Scott we are more than good enough to have beaten QPR x2 for example. 

What I'm disappointed with is we have not got the best out of ourselves this season. We can argue all day about why we didn't but the fact remains we didn't. We have under achieved and no one will be able to convince me otherwise. 

10 minutes ago, Fjmcity said:

Yes, and…..your point???

I would tend to trust the Head of Medical, wouldn’t you?  And they’d done similar for the previous 5-6 international breaks according to Fleming. And had been successful in reducing muscle injuries with a small squad over the time the medical team had been in place.

Not sure why the “laugh”?

6 minutes ago, eardun said:

Actually that points the finger at JL rather than BT as NP says that if JL had any issues re deconditioning he could have spoken to BT to understand the position. 

Yep.

• Like 9
  • Facepalm 1

14 minutes ago, Fjmcity said:

Manning didn't give the players 2 weeks off in the next international break ahead of a very intense schedule and then just a few weeks later was complaining that the players were tired. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

At the very most we've stood still. I'd argue we've slightly regressed. The gap to the play offs has got wider. 

I've listed a number if games this season that we were more than capable of getting more points from than we did previously on here. Even with selling Scott we are more than good enough to have beaten QPR x2 for example. 

What I'm disappointed with is we have not got the best out of ourselves this season. We can argue all day about why we didn't but the fact remains we didn't. We have under achieved and no one will be able to convince me otherwise. 

If “no one can convince you otherwise” what’s the point in bringing it up? This forum is used for among many things debate, would be hard to do that if you can’t let opinions change at all. 

I would agree off plain numbers i’d expect us to finish 5 points better, top 10. That’s what i said pre-season before scott’s sale. 

Since then, we’ve sold our best player, not reinvested it. Had a major injury crisis forcing us to name a defence with 1 player in the right position for at least 1 game. A change of manager. An extremely toxic club environment. Having to name the same centre back pairing for what 30 games straight. 

We haven’t exactly been the most fortunate? For the multitude of games we should’ve/could’ve won there’s probably a relatively close number of games we didn’t expect anything from that we won. 

Was it a sensational season? No. But it wasn’t bad either, and considering what’s gone on this campaign that’s not too bad imo. Don’t see a problem with people celebrating our recent upwards trend in results and performance. 

23 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

The points gap to top 6 is not the barometer that everyone else uses. Everyone else looks at league position and points accrued. This means that we have currently improved on last season. But you conveniently found a metric by which you can criticise.

We were good enough to beat Stoke and Birmingham under Nige, but we didn't. Does that make Nige a failure?

You and I both know that football is not played on paper.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Red Exile said:

Lovely man. The pack of dogs story at the end is as good as could be. In the past now but we were lucky to have him here.

he truly is a lovely man,thoughtful, kind and generous aswell👍😉 

hopefully he  will  keep his place in nailsea so we still get to see him from time to time, 

• Like 8
  • Flames 2
  • Robin 1

17 minutes ago, George Rs said:

If “no one can convince you otherwise” what’s the point in bringing it up? This forum is used for among many things debate, would be hard to do that if you can’t let opinions change at all. 

I would agree off plain numbers i’d expect us to finish 5 points better, top 10. That’s what i said pre-season before scott’s sale. 

Since then, we’ve sold our best player, not reinvested it. Had a major injury crisis forcing us to name a defence with 1 player in the right position for at least 1 game. A change of manager. An extremely toxic club environment. Having to name the same centre back pairing for what 30 games straight. 

We haven’t exactly been the most fortunate? For the multitude of games we should’ve/could’ve won there’s probably a relatively close number of games we didn’t expect anything from that we won. 

Was it a sensational season? No. But it wasn’t bad either, and considering what’s gone on this campaign that’s not too bad imo. Don’t see a problem with people celebrating our recent upwards trend in results and performance. 

Agreed, to sell scott and reinvest limited funds but still finish with what will likely to be more points and potentially a higher place is realistically about as much as we could expect.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Agreed, to sell scott and reinvest limited funds but still finish with what will likely to be more points and potentially a higher place is realistically about as much as we could expect.

Just imagine though, if you’d used those limited funds in August rather than January!  That’s always been a big thing for me.  I will never be able to square that off in my head, coupled with “you want a CB, here’s Daniel Ayala”.  Hey ho!

• Like 9
  • Flames 2

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Just imagine though, if you’d used those limited funds in August rather than January!  That’s always been a big thing for me.  I will never be able to square that off in my head, coupled with “you want a CB, here’s Daniel Ayala”.  Hey ho!

Or as soon as semenyo left HPC “get Ogbenes number now!”

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Street red said:

Think there bloody luck Nigel's health comes first because I have a feeling he could of responded after they made there comments.

Confirms everything we've been saying. 

The implication is clear!

Allardyce didn’t go into confidentiality  clauses are two way, just for fun. They are bound to have spoken about it. 

That was as close to ‘my (NP) lawyers had a word’ as you will get. (Ref Tinman Lansdown Junior post termination excuses) I also think that there was a little warning there.The fact that NP said what he said about hearing the reasons after he had left and the termination agreement agreed, is as close to a violation of a confidentiality clause as it can be…..read (I think it was actually said as a generalization) you did it first Lansdown/Tinnion

Many CC’s will have terms of expiry. Ask me in a year is letting everyone know that you might want to extend that if you want to keep it out of my autobiography!

I agree it’s clear that what we saw at the time was not in someway not what Happened. It’s exactly what happened!

Brilliant show btw. First class insight into what goes on behind the scenes by Allardyce and Pearson!

Edited by REDOXO
  • Like 5

Just now, George Rs said:

Or as soon as semenyo left HPC “get Ogbenes number now!”

They tried, Rotherham wouldn’t sell.  Rotherham wanted to stay in the champ, which they did, and were happy to forgo a fee in the summer for that opportunity.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Amazing that Pearson wasn’t told that he was sacked for results and he wasnt told about the fear the players were being de-conditioned.  Shows what slime balls we have running this club 

Absolutely incredible but depressingly believable all at the same time. This just confirms all we thought last October/November. This season has been unforgettable for all the wrong reasons, they need to go. 

• Flames 1

2 hours ago, petehinton said:

No shock one bit, we all knew it.

There’s not an ounce of class, real experience or professionalism between any of them, let’s be real. 

Spot on Pete. Confirms all we thought and feared really. 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

And this is why I’ve always remained neutral on Tins re the sacking…mainly because I’d heard nothing about his involvement.  So I had no beef with Tins.

And I still don’t, although once sacked, Tins would’ve played a big role in choosing LM.  Again no issues with that per se…only the bits about whether it fitted the “front foot, high press…..” remit.  But I will argue (debate) with anyone who says Tins had nothing to do with LM’s appointment.  That’s kinda his role, innit?

I’ve said here before Fevs I heard he was involved in both the sacking and the appointment. I get your points but I’ve a different opinion based on I was told by an impeccable source. 

• Like 6
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

They tried, Rotherham wouldn’t sell.  Rotherham wanted to stay in the champ, which they did, and were happy to forgo a fee in the summer for that opportunity.

Oh didn’t know that, fair enough then. Worked out well both of them as well (disregarding rotherham’s campaign this season 😂)

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, they basically wrote the season off before it started, and its why after 20 odd years we are no closer to the prem now than we have been since they took over.

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, George Rs said:

The purpose of a forum isn't to change people's opinions. It's for people to express their opinions. 

You might not agree with me. That's cool. I'm not going to try and convince you otherwise. I don't quite agree with yours but I'm not going to set out to change it. 

My opinion is my opinion that I've formed over the course of the season. 

As I said in another post earlier its perfectly OK to be content with recent form but still be disappointed with the overall season.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, One Team said:

I’ve said here before Fevs I heard he was involved in both the sacking and the appointment. I get your points but I’ve a different opinion based on I was told by an impeccable source. 

Aye, that’s fine.  I can only go on what I know…and in this case it’s nothing.  Not that I doubt you, I just can’t jump on a bandwagon.

4 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Depends if he buys you a coffee, or not? 😋

Tea 😉

30 minutes ago, mozo said:

The points gap to top 6 is not the barometer that everyone else uses. Everyone else looks at league position and points accrued. This means that we have currently improved on last season. But you conveniently found a metric by which you can criticise.

We were good enough to beat Stoke and Birmingham under Nige, but we didn't. Does that make Nige a failure?

You and I both know that football is not played on paper.

You're choosing to use that metric to fit your arguement. 

You will see from my posts I've very deliberately avoided any talk of managers and focused on us. You're the one bringing up managers in an attempt to once again make it a Manning Vs Pearson debate. 

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Aye, that’s fine.  I can only go on what I know…and in this case it’s nothing.  Not that I doubt you, I just can’t jump on a bandwagon.

Tea 😉

Absolutely mate you can only base things on what you hear and know yourself. 👍

• Like 1
  • Robin 1