IGNORED

Away kit: NOW RELEASED (Merged)

JonnyLondonRob

38 minutes ago, Malaggro is back said:

Well I disagree. Rebranding, what a load of s**t. It's a bleeding football club and not a chocolate bar morphing from a Marathon to a Snickers.

There is tradition and tradition is priceless. MK Dons do not have a tradition, aside from the theft of another club's tradition.

If you have a tradition you guard it closely.

Also, I suspect there is an element of truth in what Dopey gets up.

Would you not class our only ever FA Cup final appearance as a fairly big part of our Heritage/history and therefore acceptable on which to develop "traditions" 

Very much like the case of probably never having seen Purple & Lime again had we not worn it on one epic night at Anfield. 

43 minutes ago, Trueredsupporte said:

Take a look around. New stands. New names. New colours. New identity. And a bigger brighter future. All but a tiny insignificant handful do not see it as progress.

The stickers as others have said. damaging and not at all funny. true.

Is that what you meant to say?

19 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Bar BS3. Where you one of the FAN members who felt quite strongly that blue would be unwise and unwelcome?

No I don't think I would have been. It very much depends on the "Blue" though. 

Many thing reminiscent of "Rovers Blue" and I'd be against it. 

If it was "Bristol Rugby" dark blue, then I'd have no problem with it atall. 

4 minutes ago, redfred said:

Why, when there are four or five other colours that could be used without controversy, should the club choose blue?

It is unnecessary and is only ever likely to cause issues. 

Because as we saw with the banning of the word "ultra", decisions arnt always made using rational thought and common sense.

On 16 July 2016 at 21:32, Bar BS3 said:

If he's outgrown it and you want to sell it then I'd be interested. Nobody in the shop seems to have a clue when the new ones might be in, so that would be next best option until they are available. 

Sorry I've got another nipper who will fit it soon and also I keep and collect all the old kits. When I have my City museum in the future they will all be in frames on the wall - please don't tell my Mrs!

4 hours ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Because as we saw with the banning of the word "ultra", decisions arnt always made using rational thought and common sense.

I know, why would people choose that as their 'moniker' if they were being rational, common sense would have suggested maybe choosing something with a few less connotations in world football and politics. :ph34r:

40 minutes ago, RumRed said:

I know, why would people choose that as their 'moniker' if they were being rational, common sense would have suggested maybe choosing something with a few less connotations in world football and politics. :ph34r:

It was just a word on a flag. Another flag with the words Wurzel Loyal was banned. The flags had been in the stadium for years before being rational suddenly disappeared over two games. There were no negative connotations, unless people wanted there to be ... Unlike blue.

29 minutes ago, WTMS said:

It was just a word on two flags. Another flag with the words Wurzel Loyal was banned. Two of the flags had been in the stadium for years before being rational suddenly disappeared over two games. There were no negative connotations, unless people wanted there to be ... Unlike blue.

Many people think Ultra has other connotations (realistically it does in the eyes of non football fans) and many people can cope and may even want City in a dark blue away kit.  

To say the word Ultra is less contentious than wearing a colour we wore in our only FA Cup final is a little naive imho.

3 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Many people think Ultra has other connotations (realistically it does in the eyes of non football fans) and many people can cope and may even want City in a a dark blue away kit.  

To say the word Ultra is less contentious than wearing a colour we wore in our only FA Cup final is a little naive imho.

No. They were just words on flags. I have yet to meet any City fans who were not bemused at the banning of the words Ultra (a former City fanzine), Wurzel and Loyal after they were in view in one stand for years. 

Any fan who thinks the above words are more contentious than wearing the colour of our neighbours is naïve in the extreme. That is comedy.

6 minutes ago, WTMS said:

No. They were just words on flags. I have yet to meet any City fans who were not bemused at the banning of the words Ultra (a former City fanzine), Wurzel and Loyal after they were in view in one stand for years. 

Any fan who thinks the above words are more contentious than wearing the colour of our neighbours is naïve in the extreme. That is comedy.

We'll agree to disagree, words on flags or a colour, let's face it, the two positions are both a little embarrassing and petty in the grand schemes of things.

5 minutes ago, RumRed said:

We'll agree to disagree, words on flags or a colour, let's face it, the two positions are both a little embarrassing and petty in the grand schemes of things.

In the grand scheme of things City are red Rovers are blue. That is they way it has been for a hundred years. No need for change. 

29 minutes ago, WTMS said:

In the grand scheme of things City are red Rovers are blue. That is they way it has been for a hundred years. No need for change. 

Check the 1894 kits for both teams, which one has the most blue?  Or in fact is there only one with blue?

I for one would like us to celebrate a proper bit of history being an FA Cup final in dark blue rather than the fact we beat Liverpool in purple and lime which everyone got so excited about. (I know the change was forced in 1909)

Banging my head on a brick wall here as many people think blue is Rovers, different blue, not quarters, different league.

I find this whole anti blue thing a little too respectful to the other lot.

8 hours ago, RumRed said:

Check the 1894 kits for both teams, which one has the most blue?  Or in fact is there only one with blue?

I for one would like us to celebrate a proper bit of history being an FA Cup final in dark blue rather than the fact we beat Liverpool in purple and lime which everyone got so excited about. (I know the change was forced in 1909)

Banging my head on a brick wall here as many people think blue is Rovers, different blue, not quarters, different league.

Flags were an odd misunderstanding on Bristol Sports part. It was easily avoidable by means of an enquiry.

On page three of this thread there are some articulate and even posts from a member of the Supporters Club and Trust. The Supporters Club and Trust have forewarned Bristol Sport on what appears to be a real possibility. That is respectful to many Bristol City fans.

• Admin
9 hours ago, RumRed said:

Whilst a valid point you raise, it's also worth pointing out this was all over 100 years ago and not be repeated in any great length since

Would we REALLY try and justify the use of blue on this basis?

• Admin
13 hours ago, 42nite said:

So, is there anybody out there that has any realistic clue as to what the away kit will look like?

(Colours and design)

Or is it down to just guessing?

Original design was shown to some, negative feedback was given. Said person who was looking into the design went off to redesign

That was a number of weeks ago, if you look into the timeline of discussions about the change kit you will see this.

Updated design ?? This as you say is still under the radar, and about assumptions

Archived