IGNORED

All 2015 Summer Transfer In's And Out's/speculation/rumours (Merged)

rockinrobin

All well and good us Suggesting players until we are red in the face, I just wish we could get some targets over the line. It's pretty embarrassing being turned down publicly for high profile transfers. Just smacks that were not good enough and sends a message to any other half decent players that no one decent wants to join us so why would they....

Yep exactly this and thought it as soon as Gayle turned us down, why would gravy sign for us when in his mind an inferior player already turned us down, we are looking like a laughing stock

Yep exactly this and thought it as soon as Gayle turned us down, why would gravy sign for us when in his mind an inferior player already turned us down, we are looking like a laughing stock

This is why merely staying up isn't good enough. We won't be a destination finishing 20th. We need to show an exciting brand of football and get a top half finish IMO. That is why we are in for these types as well I think. So caught in between a rock and a hard place. Trying to bring in quality but not a desirable choice right now. Best thing to do might be to get a few good loans to add to this group.

I really hope we learn from this summer and don't make the same mistakes again. We have to be more shrewd and scout the lower leagues, under 21 games and abroad a lot more.

Last preseason we did so well in getting in our recruits early and really hit the ground running this preseason has been the complete opposite and the results on the pitch have reflected that.

I think the problem is we have tried to use the same tactic as we did last season in terms of us trying to get all the best players in the division we are in but have failed miserably. I get that we have tried to be ambitious but for me being ambitious would have been going for someone like Joe Garner and then if that was a no go having a few more realistic signings lined up. If we really wanted to get players like Gray and Gayle we had to be prepared to pay 20k plus a week. It seems like the planning has been pretty damm poor.

Not what we need. He looks quality until he gets in front of goal and then has no composure.

He put a fair few away for Watford last season & one or two others have mentioned his name as a possibility.

I'd personally rather we got a defender & midfielder in first.

I'm honestly in the belief that we are trying to get those positions covered & it's the agents that have shafted us by going public on our striker offers so that they can line their pockets & make other clubs rush with their offers!!

But if Gray would rather live in & around Burnley then he's clearly an idiot & I'm happy that we've not spent God knows how much on him.

He put a fair few away for Watford last season & one or two others have mentioned his name as a possibility.

I'd personally rather we got a defender & midfielder in first.

I'm honestly in the belief that we are trying to get those positions covered & it's the agents that have shafted us by going public on our striker offers so that they can line their pockets & make other clubs rush with their offers!!

But if Gray would rather live in & around Burnley then he's clearly an idiot & I'm happy that we've not spent God knows how much on him.

Seen him play a few times as my wife's family are Watford season ticket holders. Watford had the best team in the championship last season in my opinion and created a lot of chances so I wouldn't read too much in to him getting a few last season. From what I've seen he's no better than Jet.

Youssef Poulsen of Leipzig. Tall, fast, young and skillful.

He would be incredible but honestly he's so far out of our league it's ridiculous. Leipzig are drawing players from the Bundesliga down to B2 with huge money, they're a proper big(and even richer than us) project and will probably be a top flight team next season. No chance at getting Poulsen from them at all unfortunately.

I wonder if this has been the problem ALL close season.....not price or wages but   " Nah, you're alright, thanks "  Word does get around and who would want to be the first marque to "break ranks" ?

I honestly don't believe my eyes. We've been rejected by Gayle and Grey and now people are putting names forward who are at bigger clubs than those and some are most probably on more , so we have no chance.

Bad error of judgement by SC going for players with little chance of them wanting to come here.From our lack of signings maybe he has been doing that when looking at midfield and defensive options.

Bad error of judgement by SC going for players with little chance of them wanting to come here.From our lack of signings maybe he has been doing that when looking at midfield and defensive options.

Maybe, but with the lack of any rumours or leaked snippets by agents it is hard to believe we have been looking at anyone at all apart from strikers..........

I just visited my local barber shop,and i had a interesting conversation with the owner. He's very good friends with Louis Carey, through his wife, and a footballer in his own right. He said he spoke to Louis the other day, and it's his understanding that city are scouting the Belgium pro league for players.As others Have said on this forum, that we must start looking abroad after the fiasco with the local transfer market.I'm very happy to hear this.

I just visited my local barber shop,and i had a interesting conversation with the owner. He's very good friends with Louis Carey, through his wife, and a footballer in his own right. He said he spoke to Louis the other day, and it's his understanding that city are scouting the Belgium pro league for players.As others Have said on this forum, that we must start looking abroad after the fiasco with the local transfer market.I'm very happy to hear this.

Good league and I would be happy with that it. Some young gems there and look at their national team, they can develop players. Also could nab someone who speaks French to help relate to Kodjia a bit. So yea, hope we are looking there.

If the agents hadn't "leaked" the previous two targets, it wouldn't of surprised me to of at least see Gray sign.

It's part & parcel of the times, selling clubs & agents will leak deals as it's good for their pockets as they get the auction started.

The advantage with going abroad is a) value for money is better, b) players would like the opportunity to play in England & c) we tend to pay more in wages than less fashionable clubs from abroad.

I think we're going to have to go down this route again & get a proper structure in place so that we can start to take a proper look at this option.

If the agents hadn't "leaked" the previous two targets, it wouldn't of surprised me to of at least see Gray sign.

It's part & parcel of the times, selling clubs & agents will leak deals as it's good for their pockets as they get the auction started.

The advantage with going abroad is a) value for money is better, b) players would like the opportunity to play in England & c) we tend to pay more in wages than less fashionable clubs from abroad.

I think we're going to have to go down this route again & get a proper structure in place so that we can start to take a proper look at this option.

I could not agree with you more. Let's see how things unfold in the next week.

Renaud Emond is a good example.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renaud_Emond

https://youtu.be/zESnVxuOBhU

Alan Nixon has a name "coming in the paper tomorrow" with regards to our striker search. BC supporters page asked him on Twitter with regards to Nahki Wells. He said we were working our way down the list, but not sure Wells is next.

Prepare for the next 50 page mammoth thread.

Archived