IGNORED

Realistic Options

And Its Smith

27 minutes ago, North London Red said:

Early odds from BetVictor:

https://www.betvictor.com/en-gb/sports/240/meetings/441511110/events/2057263400?market_group=3538

At the time of posting Steve Cotterill is the 4-1 favourite, with Nathan Jones and Frank Lampard joint second favourites at 6-1. No doubt these odds will change over the coming hours and days. 

Whack it on Rowlett, he’s not on the list. 

Just now, lenred said:

If it’s Jones it’ll be ******* hilarious at the Gate. They’d have to make up a new word for toxic as that wouldn’t be strong enough 😂

I’ve rolled my eyes at people who say they are done with the club over this, but if they employ that odious rat faced ****, I think I’d join them. 

Lansdowns out. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, chinapig said:

If only we'd acted earlier we might have got Rooney who has transformed Birmingham's form overnight.😇

But not in the way they hoped for.

A great example of be careful what you wish for

Edited by Bizyer

2 minutes ago, redkev said:

Eustace for me ,  but have also heard very good things about William still in Belgium very driven very positive and very ambitious also someone a bit different 

I’ve seen Still mentioned a few times now. Seems like a good shout. But I don’t know a lot about his style and how he likes to play.

The thing we need most is someone who’s happy to work with the players we’ve got, sets up and plays to their strengths. Someone who’ll pick up where NP left off. Too often in the past we’ve changed not only managers but our complete structure and style of play. 

4 minutes ago, Banjo Island said:

Very underwhelming pop’s

Massively so Banjo.

My long stated preference was a 3 year deal for NP and a decent chunk of the Scott money across fee, wages and or shock horror loan signings, not too high a % but a reasonable and fair amount.

Perhaps we could have even got Shakespeare and or Walsh in but that's now a pipe dream.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tafkarmlf said:

They obvs read here, Emma Hayes and David Artell making the 25/1 cut 

Wasn't that mad to suggest them 

It's really not an inspiring list. I'm not at all certain that Hayes would want to swap Champion's League football for the men's game and I think whichever woman manages in the football league first will have a bit of a poisoned chalice but Christ knows I'd rather we went for someone successful in the women's game over the various people on that list who've failed repeatedly in the men's game. Mark Hughes, Steve Evans, Steve Bruce or Nathan Jones fill me with dread. 

2 minutes ago, The Swan and Cemetery said:

Nathan Jones gets a decent slug of the Scott money cos he knows how to ‘do a Luton’ (just not a Stoke, Southampton or anywhere else). Couldn’t make it up. 

Even with "doing a Luton", they did even better once they got Rob Edwards in. Quite aside from how dislikable Jones is, I just don't see anything in his track record that suggests he's the right person to get a tune out of our squad. At least with Rowett, I can see a logic, even if I'm not sure I'd enjoy the football. I'd be happier with Eustace out the three but I'd still not fully understand why we wanted him over Pearson. 

Edited by LondonBristolian
  • Like 1

Just now, LondonBristolian said:

Even with "doing a Luton", they did even better once they got Rob Edwards in. Quite aside from how dislikable Jones is, I just don't see anything in his track record that suggests he's the right person to get a tune out of our squad. At least with Rowett, I can see a logic, even if I'm not sure I'd enjoy the football. 

Of those three, Eustace only, the other two make me reach for the Pepto Bismol. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, The Swan and Cemetery said:

Of those three, Eustace only, the other two make me reach for the Pepto Bismol. 

Rowett is a strange one for me in that I think he would be a good appointment for a lot of Championship level clubs but I’d very much like it to be a club where I don’t regularly watch the actual football…

• Like 3

Firstly I don’t believe they’ve sacked Nige without a manager lined up to be put in place immediately.  This feels different to the last two sackings.

Therefore this has been in plan for a while.  Sound out options, narrow down, line them up and wait to sack with some kind of “pre-contract” done to make sure nobody else poaches before you can sack the current incumbent.

Get Ipswich and Cardiff out of the way, then act.

I fully expect a new manager in situ before Saturday.

If it isn’t announced until later this week, it’s purely because they are trying to make it look like a really quick search this week.

Announce…..X.

• Like 10

Just now, Davefevs said:

Firstly I don’t believe they’ve sacked Nige without a manager lined up to be put in place immediately.  This feels different to the last two sackings.

Therefore this has been in plan for a while.  Sound out options, narrow down, line them up and wait to sack with some kind of “pre-contract” done to make sure nobody else poaches before you can sack the current incumbent.

Get Ipswich and Cardiff out of the way, then act.

I fully expect a new manager in situ before Saturday.

If it isn’t announced until later this week, it’s purely because they are trying to make it look like a really quick search this week.

Announce…..X.

To me, that would point to Eustace as the QPR vacancy would have forced the club to get something finalised…

Nathan Jones would be Steve's last middle finger to the fans before he sells "his" club........................if it happened I think I would actually laugh.

Eustace I could stomach, not so sure about Rowett although you might say it is a safe appointment (in which case why press the button on Nige?) and Jones would just show what an out of touch old dodderer we have pulling the strings..........pour me another gin Mags.

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Nathan Jones would be Steve's last middle finger to the fans before he sells "his" club........................if it happened I think I would actually laugh.

Eustace I could stomach, not so sure about Rowett although you might say it is a safe appointment (in which case why press the button on Nige?) and Jones would just show what an out of touch old dodderer we have pulling the strings..........pour me another gin Mags.

This may be wishful thinking on my part but I wonder if Nathan Jones’ name is deliberately being put out there by the club to make whoever we end up with seem more palatable…

• Hmmm 1