IGNORED

Don’t be fooled…

3 minutes ago, Travis said:

Nonsense some fans think we ought to be winning every week explain that.

Thats just a delusional observation - quote anybody saying anything remotely close to that.

Think it more the case that people just want to see us be competitive and semi-competent.

Not whatever that was served up today - or against Cardiff, Wed, Millwall, QPR, and Preston. In something that's not a cup fixture.

I’m as big a detractor of Manning as any and I don’t have any confidence in him whatsoever. But, today, the only thing that mattered was 3 points. I’m sure a loss today and he was sacked. I know many don’t think the owner nor the board would have taken that decision but I truly believe it. 

I don’t care that the performance was crap. This was like the striker that needed to scuff the ball in the net and maybe, just maybe, they then go on a run. GJ had it too let’s not forget - an absolutely torrid time to start and then turned the corner and got us within a whisker. Do I believe Manning will do it? No! Do I want him to? Bet your life I do. 

He goes again. Lets see what you got. 

In terms of subs I don’t give him much credit though. Anyone that picks cornick on the right when playing a false 10 with Knight with Sykes on the bench is an eejit in my eyes; and it’s even worse because Sykes is ex-Oxford. No wonder we look better when Sykes comes on and why you putting cornick out right in any case?

It’s almost like cherry picking a substitution to make to make it look like you’ve impacted a game whilst leaving system intact. 

Roberts just made the decision to not introduce him vs Ipswich look even more stupid with hindsight. 

And King… ^ I think he reads the forum. 

There was a stay of execution today and I stand by the performance was irrelevant today, we had to win ugly because if we didn’t I truly believe he was unemployed at this point. 

Performance starts to matter for the next 2 now. I don’t expect points from West Brom or Leicester (that’s quite damning if you think about it), but Plymouth’s his next milestone for me. That’s another win ugly game unless we play better in the next 2. That might shift the needle slightly. 

Edited by 38MC
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Fuber said:

Thats just a delusional observation - quote anybody saying anything remotely close to that.

Think it more the case that people just want to see us be competitive and semi-competent.

Not whatever that was served up today - or against Cardiff, Wed, Millwall, QPR, and Preston. In something that's not a cup fixture.

Games we lost all we should win? = Glory Hunter 😆

• Hmmm 1

7 minutes ago, Travis said:

Check Twitter too the world is not just OTIB

I know, it's even worse! You are right. They say how terrible Manning is and how he has destroyed the atmosphere at the club, and made the team unwatchable. Thanks for the heads up. 

• Like 3

Just now, RollsRoyce said:

I know, it's even worse! You are right. They say how terrible Manning is and how he has destroyed the atmosphere at the club, and made the team unwatchable. Thanks for the heads up. 

And moan we won

Just now, Sheltons Army said:

I’m filling the time , with laughing at you 👍🏻

Try a Mirror

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Travis said:

Games we lost all we should win? = Glory Hunter 😆

15 minutes ago, Fuber said:

No mention of the results. Performances.

• Hmmm 1

10 minutes ago, petehinton said:

IMG_6760.jpeg

IMG_6761.jpeg

There's a story that Nigel Benn tells about how he was in a fight and getting pummelled, flung around the ring. He got back to the corner after the round, expecting a rollicking. But to his surprise, the cornerman said, "fantastic Nigel. You're all over him! Go out and finish the job!" Benn was so heartened by the praise that he went out for the next round and knocked the opponent out.

Point is, what would you do if you're Manning and the players have just been booed off, with a fifth defeat in a row on the horizon? You can bawl at them like a Warnock would and risk deflating them even more, or you try a bit of psychology and talked to them in a positive manner. And at nil nil, with 45 minutes to go, why not encourage them? 

We weren't great second half, but we edged it over Swansea, and that, at 13:15, was exactly what we needed.

I'm not saying he's a genius, either, or in any way ex using that pathetic first half, just saying that his positive tone might make more sense than you're inferring. I'd like to see the stats for the second half only. Definitely in our favour. 

Edited by mozo

Just now, Fuber said:

No mention of the results. Performances.

Results actually matter like today 3pts imagine 3 wins in a row poor performance by us but 9 points...wow how would you cope?

1 minute ago, Sheltons Army said:

Having been called out for his lies and looking a complete chump

@Travis is now having To use all his facepalm allocation on one thread 🤣

#BSOVERTIME

Still not happy we won then? just interested how we play what a 🤡

• Facepalm 1

Just now, Travis said:

Results actually matter like today 3pts imagine 3 wins in a row poor performance by us but 9 points...wow how would you cope?

I mean. It's not going to happen though is it? 

Not without a massive slice of pure luck.

The law of statistics is that they average out across a season - for example for xG we're 19th for a reason - we pose no threat - below both Huddersfield and QPR for xG for. (https://footystats.org/england/championship/xg).

Backed up where our first shot came in the 72nd minute ultimately. We're being saved by being clinical.

It's not impossible - but it simply doesn't bode well longer term for performances to be what they have been.

47 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Everyone who didn’t know where the next win was coming from has had their question answered. Can’t believe anything thinks we will go down now 

I never go for that lark because it’s said five times per season and a win comes along.

6 minutes ago, lenred said:

Oh well.  Better to be boring than a bagged up, clueless belter who can’t prove a single piece of the bollocks they are spouting.  

Is this what the forum has come too? What’s the point in mods if this is the way we are talk to each other. We won ffs. WE WON to almost guarantee safety. 

We should be buzzing.

I get the Manning outers are the most vocal ones on here, and maybe for a reason us who want to stick with Manning can’t see,  but let’s not get to this point.