IGNORED

New England Kit

Super

• Admin
9 hours ago, Lewisdabaron said:

Im sure @SecretSam would be buzzing for that to happen. 

I reckon I know what his response would be 😁

On 20/03/2024 at 07:55, SecretSam said:

#Triggered

22 hours ago, SecretSam said:

#Triggered 😁

12 hours ago, SecretSam said:

#Triggered

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Admin
18 hours ago, The Batman said:

Not that I've seen, although I've seen people say replace the lions with other animals, elephants & unicorns as examples. 

Someone has also put the star of David on the Palestine flag, that might put the cat amongst the pigeons. After all, it's just a playful update of a flag. What's the problem? 🤔

I'm sure this would help speed up the peace process 🤦

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I don't think anyone is outraged anymore. It's just another case of rolling eyes at the drip drip drip of everyday standards dropping. 

Is it done by accident or by design. 

By design obviously. But for what reason? What are they trying achieve?

Someone in the planning procedure did it for a reason. By changing the flag to different colours, to represent what?

Would they do the same to say the US flag?

A statement by that/those person/s as to the reason, would clear up any misunderstanding. 

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, phantom said:

That's the badger. Wasn't that account I saw it from but it's the same pic. 

As Germany have announced a deal with Nike, I did see someone do an obvious "playful update" harking back to Germany's history. Think you don't need me to post it on here to know what it is 

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

If they have it hasn’t been reported.

Woke gone mad, either that or the design was decided over a liquid lunch.

That's the thing. Nike wouldn't just do it (ba dum tss) , it would have needed sign off from the FA. Whether the FA went to Nike with the idea, or vise versa, it takes 2 to tango. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Robbored said:

If they have it hasn’t been reported.

Woke gone mad, either that or the design was decided over a liquid lunch.

How is it 'woke gone mad' what is even woke about it at all?

Looks to me like a designer just redesigned something for the sake of it, they have to earn their crust somehow!

I agree that the plain red/white cross would have been a better option there, but it really isn't woke. It's just the horizontal bar looking like it's based on the colours of the away kit and the vertical bar based on the reds that are often involved as well, so just the colours generally included on the kits. Certainly not a rainbow or anything like that.

• Like 8

10 hours ago, Lewisdabaron said:

So you probably wouldnt mind if we just changed City’s kit to blue & white quarters then? Then anyone who objects you would probably call a small minded racist bigot.

10 hours ago, The Batman said:

Was going to post something similar earlier. Say SL sells to a Vincent Tan equivalent and he does to us what tan did to Cardiff by putting blue seats in Ashton Gate and changing the kit to the blue and white quarters. 

The important question to ask is why they felt the need to do it and who is the target audience for it. Just some nonsense buzzwords on a tweet means nothing. 

The fallout from this has been incredible.

How are these examples in any way similar? Your examples are complete rebrands, at complete odds with everything the club stands for and a polar opposite to what we currently have. How on earth does that apply to a small, no, tiny flag on the England shirt? It can't be more than a few inches (👀),

As others have said the cross has been 'tampered with' on shirts for years. 2012, 2011, another from 2011, No one gave a shit then.

Obviously if you don't like it then you don't like it, that's fair I'm not trying to say otherwise. But when Twitter is in complete meltdown over it and you have a petition out to change a tiny piece of the kit, you can probably start to make a guess that it's not only down to the fact that they don't like the design of it. For what it's worth I'd prefer the St George's Cross too but I can't say it's bothered me in the slightest.

Not necessarily aimed at you guys, but from some of the more angry people online, it once again stinks of the usual crap of people calling everyone else snowflakes while having a complete meltdown over the colour of a tiny part of the shirt. A product of conditioning, nothing more. (My response is more to the fact that a bloody petition exists over this than to your actual comments by the way guys).

Edited by nebristolred
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Oh come on, you may have posted this as a joke but it’s very silly. I agree it’s an odd/silly move to change the flag but this isn’t even in the realms of the same.
I don’t think it’s helpful at all and smacks of people trying to poke other people they don’t like rather than just say they don’t like the change. 

37 minutes ago, spudski said:

I don't think anyone is outraged anymore. It's just another case of rolling eyes at the drip drip drip of everyday standards dropping. 

There are plenty of things that evidence our standards dropping but a flag on the back of a shirt, really?!

6 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Looks to me like a designer just redesigned something for the sake of it, they have to earn their crust somehow!

I agree that the plain red/white cross would have been a better option there, but it really isn't woke. It's just the horizontal bar looking like it's based on the colours of the away kit and the vertical bar based on the reds that are often involved as well, so just the colours generally included on the kits. Certainly not a rainbow or anything like that.

Just another example of 'woke' meaning 'something I don't like'.

7 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

It’s woke because of Nike being concerned about the reaction of certain elements of English society. Nike are trying to placate the minority but it’s backfired.

That said it could have been a sales strategy. Any publicity even negative publicity is good for sales.

• Confused 2
  • Facepalm 3

13 minutes ago, Redinthehead said:

There are plenty of things that evidence our standards dropping but a flag on the back of a shirt, really?!

You can't see a doctor for weeks, the rivers are full of shit, schools are falling down, roads are falling apart, but the Sun and the Mail would like you to focus all of your anger on a detail on a football shirt please.

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It’s woke because of Nike being concerned about the reaction of certain elements of English society. Nike are trying to placate the minority but it’s backfired.

That said it could have been a sales strategy. Any publicity even negative publicity is good for sales.

Where have Nike said they are concerned about the reaction of certain elements of English society?

What elements of English society do you think they are trying to placate and what evidence of it is there?

It is not in the least bit woke, I don't see how you came to that conclusion?

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

Not even anywhere close to being pride related, it’s a design touch. One that makes it not even look the thing it originally was so fairly pointless from many angles but the backlash is embarrassing. When did the world become like this, how depressing.

Edited by Fjmcity
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

They did say it was to make it more inclusive so there was a considered reason 

Why do people play dumb when it comes to England and why this can be seen as disrespectful to the country the kit is suppose to represent?

If this were another country, I can't help but think those not understanding the issue would suddenly understand the concept of a national flag being a symbol of a nation, one that has specific colours that are key identifiers of that nation's flag.

This is also coming at a time where there is clearly an orchestrated push to erode English identity and pride, and from a company that is very deep into the identity politics culture war does make this seem more than a playful redesign.

Symbolism and its importance is a well known concept to the left, the pride flag, Palestinian flag, raised fist of power etc. so how come when it's with England they act dumb? 

Edited by Hayfield8
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2

1 hour ago, spudski said:

Is it done by accident or by design. 

By design obviously. But for what reason? What are they trying achieve?

Someone in the planning procedure did it for a reason. By changing the flag to different colours, to represent what?

Would they do the same to say the US flag?

A statement by that/those person/s as to the reason, would clear up any misunderstanding. 

Here’s the American Airlines logo. It captures the essence of the American flag, but it’s an artistic variation of it - there are no stars. Brands play with familiar iconography like this all the time. In this instance they’ve just played with the cross to align with the colour scheme of the shirt. So what?

A ridiculous fuss over nothing by people who care far too much about things that don’t matter, stoked by the utterly tedious Tory and right wing media-driven culture wars.

0853FE59-44E5-4BA8-A1F3-9775C0A04866.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Flames 4

Umbro England shirt, 2011.

If you weren’t bothered about that then, why are you bothered about this now? It’s because you’ve been told to by a right wing press desperate to stoke a culture war.

The whole debate is an absolute embarrassment. It’s pathetic.

E63242FD-F41E-47F4-B42D-83F18B0F656E.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Flames 1

12 hours ago, Lewisdabaron said:

So you probably wouldnt mind if we just changed City’s kit to blue & white quarters then? Then anyone who objects you would probably call a small minded racist bigot.

Where did I use the words "small-minded racist bigot"? Your words, not mine

1 hour ago, Redinthehead said:

Perhaps the England flag means nothing to you. 

But yes really. It's our national shirt and represents us. It's our flag. 

With your mentality it gives the go ahead to interfere with flags of other nations as well. Before you know it, all flags will be changed in colours. 

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Here’s the American Airlines logo. It captures the essence of the American flag, but it’s an artistic variation of it - there are no stars. Brands play with familiar iconography like this all the time. In this instance they’ve just played with the cross to align with the colour scheme of the shirt. So what?

A ridiculous fuss over nothing by people who care far too much about things that don’t matter, stoked by the utterly tedious Tory and right wing media-driven culture wars.

0853FE59-44E5-4BA8-A1F3-9775C0A04866.jpeg

It's red white and blue FFS.🤷🙈

And you describe everything that's wrong with this country, by bringing politics into it and mentioning culture wars. 

All people should be proud of the flag and it's colours. Regardless of politics and culture. 

Sadly anything like this is now seen as right wing and Tory driven. 

A ridiculous situation. 

Your statement is clearly made to provoke. 

Funnily it's Starmer asking Nike to re think. So you look a clown right now by saying it's Tory driven.

Are you saying the left aren't proud of their flag? 

• Like 8
  • Flames 1
  • Facepalm 1

12 hours ago, Lewisdabaron said:

Last time I checked, it was a tiny detail, not the whole kit.

PS:

https://twitter.com/KitCrimes/status/1770919855862026673?t=N32ZixMo_aJS_Ep0mQMbzw&s=19

• Like 1