IGNORED

Mbude

There's literally no point in playing him at the moment. If we'd had an injury crisis maybe, but we just don't need him and there's no point in giving him a courtesy run out.

Edited by mozo

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

I assume there must be some financial penalty if we don't name him in the matchday squad, because there's more chance of Bajic coming on as an outfield player than him kicking another ball for us.

Based on the QPR game I’d prefer it if he did..

Let’s face it, if you don’t come on when we’re 4 up with 5 minutes to play, you’re not coming on at all.

Completely off topic but delighted Knight-Lebel got those minutes instead & convinced that might have been done to give Andy King a last few minutes at the Gate too.

• Like 4

On 06/04/2024 at 19:24, petehinton said:

I think it’s the final point. 

“Really isn’t what they thought he was” is the verdict I have heard about him. 

A totally pointless signing, even if it is a loan, and a waste of everyone’s time really. Feel sorry for the lad. 

RT 

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, RedEyez said:

Went straight down the tunnel at full time

Called this after Leicester game. Walked out away from players and calling a taxi on his own, didn’t seem interested in speaking to fans, headphones on, these things happen but can’t see him getting a deal. 

1 minute ago, Ziderarmy said:

Like the last 12 games hasn’t been pointless? 

Totally pointless, but I presume that either we felt he was a better option than Academy players or there was some contractual obligation to include him, even though it was very obvious he was never coming on.

I know I got a few facepalm reactions at the time but I saw enough against QPR to know he was just miles adrift of what we were after & I’d have stopped bothering with him straight after that.

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Totally pointless, but I presume that either we felt he was a better option than Academy players or there was some contractual obligation to include him, even though it was very obvious he was never coming on.

I know I got a few facepalm reactions at the time but I saw enough against QPR to know he was just miles adrift of what we were after & I’d have stopped bothering with him straight after that.

If that’s true. Who the hell negotiated that contract. The snake? 

• Like 1

Put him out of his misery and send him home.

It must be absolutely soul-destroying for the kid to be in this position.

It isn't his fault he isn't up to Championship standard - it's the people who offered him the loan thinking he was.

Terminate it so he at least can get himself something sorted for next season.

Feel for the kid tbh

• Like 5

8 hours ago, GrahamC said:

He’s had very little game time Graham and yet you and others slag him off as useless…….….:dunno:

Before any educated opinions are formed we need to see any player at least half a dozen times and as yet Medube has actually played far less than that.

I amazes me how quick some posters are to dismiss a player that they’ve hardly seen……….:disapointed2se:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

Put him out of his misery and send him home.

It must be absolutely soul-destroying for the kid to be in this position.

It isn't his fault he isn't up to Championship standard - it's the people who offered him the loan thinking he was.

Terminate it so he at least can get himself something sorted for next season.

Feel for the kid tbh

Yeah - this.

I didn’t see yesterday (so can’t say if he was unlucky not to get on)and there is clearly a bit of ensuring we get results as opposed to trying those who “may” be ready to see if they are, but even with that consideration in mind, for DM not to touch the pitch for as long as he has can’t benefit anybody. 

If we sign him, unless it’s a free and for the U21s, everyone’s going to be sceptical on the value of that deal. And even then, if Westerlo are happy to lose him on a free it adds more questions.

It’s been a bad deal for all parties, and the way we’ve handled it with him on the bench and having no chance to get on in reality hasn’t been a great stance for us. We get out of this deal in two weeks, but the damage to DMs career long term may be bigger.

We should have let him go back at Easter, or played him in the U21s as a “shop window” for other clubs.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

He’s had very little game time Graham and yet you and others slag him off as useless…….….:dunno:

Before any educated opinions are formed we need to see any player at least half a dozen times and as yet Medube has actually played far less than that.

I amazes me how quick some posters are to dismiss a player that they’ve hardly seen……….:disapointed2se:

Agree completely but we have so many “experts” on here, probably the same people who were slagging off the likes of Bobby Reid and Semenyo in their early days saying they weren’t good enough to make it

• Like 3

I can’t really blame the club for taking him on loan. Assuming this has cost us little to nothing, then why not bring him in? He has a good youth pedigree.

Where they did go wrong was elevating him to a “name” signing in January to make themselves look good. If they’d just put out a statement along the lines of: “We’ve brought him in to have a look”, no fuss or “first day” on YouTube, then there would be none of this.

Edited by SydneyCity

4 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Agree completely but we have so many “experts” on here, probably the same people who were slagging off the likes of Bobby Reid and Semenyo in their early days saying they weren’t good enough to make it

The difference is Reid and Semenyo could be seen playing. We could see  Semenyo for Newport and Reid had played about 30 games before his breakthrough year . 
Mebude was brought in by the Manager who sees him every day in training, he has given him a couple of short run outs but doesn't think he's worth a run even in a game that's virtually over.
I think people are going to draw ( the obvious ? ) conclusions .