IGNORED

Lansdown backing Johnson / Ignorance? (Merged)

Olé

The best way to show that you are unhappy is to not buy tickets and don't go to the games. It's turning into a clique with Johnson Ashton and lansdown. Starve the club of money and then they will take notice. Never seen it so bad before with Johnson. Barnsley did warn us when he left to come here. 

2 minutes ago, Ian M said:

I've spoken to my mate at Preston this morning (literally after I saw the video) and I've said to him our Owner is apparently backing the manager according to some piece for local TV. 

He just laughed and said Neil, "I've told you already, he's gone"

"I doubt your gaffer will give another interview at the club, but you will see on Monday morning he has stepped down, stop worrying about Lee Johnson, he's history at Bristol City".

"Leicester sacked Ranieri after the Sevilla game but in the days leading up to it, he went from 11/10 to 1/8 to get the boot, sometimes compensation and that takes time"

"By Monday lunchtime Lee Johnson will not be under employment at your club"

Don't you tell your imaginary friends your real name then Chris?

Does Preston's own Mystic Meg know who's coming instead?

8 minutes ago, spudski said:

When other managers talk about this being a really well run club...it's not the 'set up' they are talking about, it's the backing the owner gives to a manager.

I respect SL for that. It's easy to fire in this game and keep firing...

It would be far easier for him to fire LJ and bring someone else in...he wouldn't be getting the abuse he's getting now, that's for sure.

Easy to take the soft option...much harder when your backs against the wall and everyone seems to hate you.

Fair play to the bloke I say...he isn't perfect, and makes mistakes, but as a manager I'd rather have him as an owner than a lot of football Clubs.

Put yourself in his shoes...as an owner, and reading the constant abuse on here, by people who only loved you a season ago, would you want to do it for them? I certainly wouldn't.

Football fans....gotta love em...they are the perfect scenario of the 'sing when you're winning bigade'. Support when it's good times and going well...but abuse when it's going tits up.

Would rather have the mentality and smaller support of 1982 when Terry Cooper was here. Different times, no money etc....but the hardcore stood firm.

It's a bit like having a mate, who only wants to know you when you lend him some money.

You are a very respected poster but I'm afraid this is complete nonsense. I'm not really sure what you are seeing in the performances of our team at the moment that the majority of us are not. It's nothing to do with singing when you're winning, we wouldn't be City supporters if it were would we, we'd be a plastic Cockney, Scouse or Manc. It's about wanting change so that we can improve upon the complete and utter shambles that is currently being seen and produced by our lot on the pitch and has been since mid October. 

I'm really pissed off after watching that. The support for Lee on this shocking 4 months of results has generally been good. Tuesday felt like the final straw for many and I joined in with the singing as I'm fed up watching the same shit most weeks. Now to have the owner blame the fans. Absolute joke. Should look closer to home as to why we're doing so badly. Johnson is obviously his pet project as he has backed him enormously against any proof that he would turn things around. So far still no sign. Beating Rotherham isn't much to shout about as that was an awful game against the bottom team in the league. Now looks like we'll be league one before his pet finally gets his P45. Suppose it'll all be the fans fault though for daring to raise their voice against the manager. 

14 minutes ago, Londoner said:

The most damning aspect is how he alludes that we need to be at the bottom/adrift for a change to take place. Im sorry by doing that we leave jt too late and relegation confirmed.

He is an astute man, he should know better.

That was the 2nd worse bit of the interview, behind having a go at the fans.

It doesn't take a genius to see our trajectory is down, our points total is bad whether you look at 6 games, 10 games etc.

1 hour ago, Woodsy said:

I cannot tell you how much I need this to be true

As for SL, he doesn't even look like he believes what he's saying

2+2 says Newcastle United 0 Bristol City 1 (Engvall 90) and we go again Tuesday night

Don't worry Woodsy. I've put a bet on City to win. They will lose now. It's all good.

1 hour ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

ade4c7e1218cd351b.jpg

Peg's post of the day! Take a bow TM!

:clapping::clap::worship2:

Love that SL has fingers in ears too. 

58 minutes ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

He's just had a pop at moaners during a game basically saying they didn't help the result Tuesday. 

54 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

aw, so it's the fans fault for venting their frustration. Silly me. 

42 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Very disappointed to hear him blame the fans.  That won't help at all.

39 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

But blame the FANS?? BLAME THE FANS?? That's outrageous, how dare he! If anything it is remarkable how many have kept showing up given the last 4 months?? Blame the fans- hell we even got 10k v Fleetwood on a cold January non season ticket game!

26 minutes ago, petehinton said:

A - its apparently our fault for the team doing badly. I've paid £250 for a ST, been 4 away games, paid extensively for petrol and food at said home and away games. I never knew it was my fault.

19 minutes ago, Ryan_BCFC said:

We aren't allowed to voice our opinion during the match? Biggest load of tosh I've heard. The fans could be a lot more vocally negative and after hearing this I'm sure we will be. 

I didn't hear Lansdown blame the fans, he simply said he didn't think it helped or it was a good thing to protest during the game.

And, as much as I want Johnson out, I agree with Steve on that.

I have never booed a player or a manager during a game, and never will.

But if Johnson is still in charge for the Norwich game though lads, give it to him full barrel AFTER the game.

10 minutes ago, spudski said:

When other managers talk about this being a really well run club...it's not the 'set up' they are talking about, it's the backing the owner gives to a manager.

I respect SL for that. It's easy to fire in this game and keep firing...

It would be far easier for him to fire LJ and bring someone else in...he wouldn't be getting the abuse he's getting now, that's for sure.

Easy to take the soft option...much harder when your backs against the wall and everyone seems to hate you.

Fair play to the bloke I say...he isn't perfect, and makes mistakes, but as a manager I'd rather have him as an owner than a lot of football Clubs.

Put yourself in his shoes...as an owner, and reading the constant abuse on here, by people who only loved you a season ago, would you want to do it for them? I certainly wouldn't.

Football fans....gotta love em...they are the perfect scenario of the 'sing when you're winning bigade'. Support when it's good times and going well...but abuse when it's going tits up.

Would rather have the mentality and smaller support of 1982 when Terry Cooper was here. Different times, no money etc....but the hardcore stood firm.

It's a bit like having a mate, who only wants to know you when you lend him some money.

I was there in 1982 and if ever a manager deserved support, it was Terry Cooper, the man is a legend.

But.

Sticking with a manager is admirable if there is a realistic possibility that the manager could deliver. Or maybe if it is recognized that the board has been at least as culpable for the poor results. But Johnson has been given everything he could possibly want and more, and the lack of his ability to manage this level of football team is glaringly obvious.

Backing him is just foolhardy.

54 minutes ago, Olé said:

Oh go on then, I'll say the unsayable. 

Don't shoot me, take it for what it is, I'm desperately searching for an explanation and turning over every stone, however ugly:

SL has a level of influence and access with LJ that he does not want to surrender.  

Discuss.

Whose turn is it to pick the team this week? LJ? SL? Or JL?

I'm coming round to the idea that Lansdown means being financially stable, which means the club will always be here and healthy, but always just a div 3 club that sometimes punches slightly above its weight. 

I've have no problem with Lansdown, just the fact that given his superior resources, the last 10 years have been a footballing failure. 

Anyone else happy to live in this purgatory, safe in the knowledge that we will always have our club and shiny stadium that I cant stand up and swear in?

• Admin

SL give the rallying cry of us having 14 games left to stave off relegation (like that's an achievement for a mid-table team who went out and spent £15m on new players but anyway....).

Let's have a look what results we got in our last 14 games: LLDWDLLLLLLLWL. 8 points.

Well, that's a bit shit, 40 points would see us relegated for sure.

But I think we all understand that we are going through a bit of a sticky patch at the moment so maybe it would be fairer (or cast Lee's chances of keeping us up in a more approvable light to our Bristol Sport overlords) to compare our remaining games to the result we got the first time we played them: LWWLWLLLLLWDLL. 13 points.

Oh I give up, that sees us relegated with 45 points.

Wake me up in August and I'll try to get excited about another year in L1. At least we'll have a top L1 striker in Matty Taylor. 

2 minutes ago, NickJ said:

I didn't hear Lansdown blame the fans, he simply said he didn't think it helped or it was a good thing to protest during the game.

Hasn't there been protests outside of the game prior to this? Bedsheets, petitions etc. Not that I agreed with either of these but how long did he think it would take to spill over into matches?

I actually have a feeling that Lee may resign rather than get the sack.

It would back up some of the posts which have gone round about him telling the players that Newcastle game is his last and also make what Lansdown has said about not sacking him plausible.

I know that some say he would never resign because of the long contract but the amount of sh*t he must be getting must be unbearable.

He must be in hiding and if he did go out, the amount of abuse he would get would be horrible.

Why put yourself through this, just resign with a sensible settlement and get another job in a lower league or even another role at City.

''I believe in what we're doing''

''Lee is a bright young coach''

''he develops players''

''good recruitment''

''club is being structured in the way we want it to''

''we're seeing all of that''

That's funny, because i thought our form from October read LLLWLLLLLLLLLWDLL

Seems I was wrong because that can't happen to a club with an owners backing, a bright young coach, a good squad and good recruitment.

Archived