IGNORED

Bristol's best restaurants?

CyderInACan

On 11/02/2024 at 10:42, Kid in the Riot said:

That sounds amazing. Coincidentally I had a glass of Picpoul with my oysters at Noahs - L'Abeille 

One of our wines that one, The Bee. Picpoul is known for its 'sting', hence the name. Lovely drop. 😊

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Howman said:

One of our wines that one, The Bee. Picpoul is known for its 'sting', hence the name. Lovely drop. 😊

This acidity is why the wine is known locally as the ‘Lip Stinger’. Picpoul de Pinet is not only splendid with seafood and shellfish but also traditional Mediterranean dishes, cheese and chocolate.

2 minutes ago, Howman said:

This acidity is why the wine is known locally as the ‘Lip Stinger’. Picpoul de Pinet is not only splendid with seafood and shellfish but also traditional Mediterranean dishes, cheese and chocolate.

Produced from one of the only four main producers of Picpoul, on vineyards overlooking the Mediterranean oyster beds of the Basin de Thau.

• Like 1

Had lunch today at Mowli’s in Corn street.

As Indian food goes it was acceptable but lacked any ‘wow’ factor in any of dishes we tried. It advertises itself as ‘street food’ but as it was all prepared in a kitchen that’s not a fair description.

I don’t think we’ll be revisiting again.

Edited by Robbored
  • Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Had lunch today at Mowli’s in Corn street.

As Indian food goes it was acceptable but lacked any ‘wow’ factor in any of dishes we tried. It advertises itself as ‘street food’ but as it was all prepared in a kitchen that’s not a fair description.

I don’t think we’ll be revisiting again.

You didn't expect them to be outside the cosy club preparing food did you?

• Haha 3

In true fashion of disagreeing with literally everything Robbored says, I actually went to Mowgli the other night and it was really good! Some of the best starters I've ever had at an Indian restaurant and some interesting different choices there too - none of your usual Korma's and the like. The idea of an Indian bunnychow is a really good one.

Can't believe the food was cooked in a kitchen though, false advertising that 👀

Edited by nebristolred
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, petehinton said:

https://www.bristol247.com/food-and-drink/news-food-and-drink/ramen-restaurant-tonkotsu-open-first-bristol-branch/

I totally missed this, but amazing to see Tonkotsu opening so centrally. Ramen is probably my favourite food, and the ones I’ve been to in London have been great, so am buzzing about this. 

I love Tonkostu. Been to the one in Soho quite a few times!

On 21/02/2024 at 08:23, nebristolred said:

Oowee is great for a dirty burger (the vegan ones are ****ing great) but top 6 restaurant in Bristol? Really?

Edit: Oh I see it's specifically in the burger category, fair enough.

I think Squeezed are the best for burgers in Bristol. Oowee make a good burger though.

If you haven’t tried them, it’s got to be done! Their meals come with homemade lemonade, hence the name.

https://www.bristolsqueezed.co.uk/

• Like 2

On 09/02/2024 at 22:05, ralphindevon said:

Anyone been to Black Cumin on Cotham Hill?

Seems to get good reviews and I fancy a trip back to a bit of Bristol where I spent most of the nineties. 

Yes. Went there just before Christmas and it was very good.

IMG_1897.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jose said:

Enjoy? 

Really good night, service was brilliant and the food was good. 
I have to say my steak was good, not great , but everything else was really good. Everyone enjoyed themselves and it says something that the person that chose the restaurant , as it was he birthday , is a vegetarian . 
I will go back and give it another go though.

• Like 1

New one today. Went to The Journey in Easton. Superb Tibetan cuisine and chef. It’s where Swagatam used to be. What a place that was. 

Didn't realise it closed down, but the lady who part-owns The Journey said they shut due to juggling family commitments with running the restaurant. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Pickle Rick said:

New one today. Went to The Journey in Easton. Superb Tibetan cuisine and chef. It’s where Swagatam used to be. What a place that was. 

Didn't realise it closed down, but the lady who part-owns The Journey said they shut due to juggling family commitments with running the restaurant. 

That's next on the list for us, so glad to hear you had a good one. There are some decent places down that road - the Thali has some great midweek deals and the Garden of Easton is a lovely place to be in.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

9 hours ago, nebristolred said:

That's next on the list for us, so glad to hear you had a good one. There are some decent places down that road - the Thali has some great midweek deals and the Garden of Easton is a lovely place to be in.

We couldn’t help but have a look at Garden of Easton online after seeing it! We will be going there some time for some small plates.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ashton Yate said:

Anyone been to Cow & Sow in centre? Any good?

Been a few times always enjoyed it.  The only thing I got wrong was the beer, that's just me trying new stuff. The food was great.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bobbyhutchscurlymullet said:

Had my first experience of Pasture last night....decided to go there on the good reviews on here! Didn't disappoint! Was chomping through the steak, then a certain Zak Vyner was sat on the table next to us.

Getting a reservation at a decent time is nigh on impossible las time I looked.