IGNORED

Non League Thread 2023/24

phantom

15 hours ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

Manor Farm I appreciate is well ran off the pitch, however they still attract some well known players, who wouldn’t be turning up because they want to play on the river. Wouldn’t surprise me if Clubs at that level had a weekly budget of £5k. Most players on £100-£200 a game with 2 games a week most weeks. That’s a lot of money when, as proven by Taunton a few leagues up, Sponsorship is hard to come by, gate receipts don’t bring that in and you get next to nowt back for league/cup performances (unless you make it deep into a competition)

I like BMF and I'm sure they're well-run, but I thought they also have a pretty wealthy benefactor? Doesn't Lashenko put in some of his own money too?

I found out the other day that Thornbury Town are the only club in Hellenic Premier and Division 1 that don't pay their players. Even some County League teams pay some players.

Thornbury are relying on Cheltenham T and FGR u-18s who they get sent for free on the condition that they play games. Then they also bring youngsters through Thornbury's youth system.

Given their facilities are poor and they have no real fanbase to speak of, unlike some other clubs at that level, Thornbury are doing very well to be in the Premier division.

Regarding cash flow; I see that due to crowd trouble, Bury have to play two matches behind closed doors.

https://buryfc.co.uk/club-statement-2/

Bury Football Club has been informed by Manchester FA that an independent committee has decided that due to the offensive comments made by two supporters during our game against West Didsbury and Chorlton in September, we should be forced to play our next two home games behind closed doors.

Edited by 22A

• Admin
5 minutes ago, 22A said:

Regarding cash flow; I see that due to crowd trouble, Bury have to play two matches behind closed doors.

https://buryfc.co.uk/club-statement-2/

Bury Football Club has been informed by Manchester FA that an independent committee has decided that due to the offensive comments made by two supporters during our game against West Didsbury and Chorlton in September, we should be forced to play our next two home games behind closed doors.

Blimey - that seems really excessive

You'd have thought those two involved had been caught and banned by now

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Intriguing local derby tonight 

First team vs the reserves 

20240112_150630.jpg

A selection problem for the Manager. Whatever the result;                         Fix! Fix! Fix!

On 11/01/2024 at 18:55, phantom said:

The pitch has consistently flooded over the years 

Built with rhenes all around and unsuitable land 

The pitch itself is also thick as hell. Anytime from October onwards, it Goes from looking lovely and perfectly playable, to churned up to hell in the space of a half. 

• Like 1

On 05/01/2024 at 20:35, Carey 6 said:

On 05/01/2024 at 21:04, Silvio Dante said:

That has all the signs of a club folding.

On 07/01/2024 at 10:15, Portland Bill said:

Taunton have been paying players big money for the last 4-5 years, this was always on the cards.

Lloyd Irish who has come out with this statement, actually left Taunton 18 months ago to play for Barnstaple. At the time Barnstaple had a new chairman and were throwing cash to players. Irish soon returned to Taunton when Barnstaple got relegated, and that money stopped being paid.🙄.

I think that tells you everything about him as a person. It seems the money is more important than any kind of loyalty. 

Taunton rely solely on gate money to pay their high wages, so potentially this was going to happen sooner or later. 

Looks like Lloyd Irish has kissed and made up with the club! Hopefully the works do help avoid postponements too

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Looks like Lloyd Irish has kissed and made up with the club! Hopefully the works do help avoid postponements too

Seems an all round bizarre scenario - the player owned a company that could help with the drainage issues and therefore the cash flow and therefore ensure that the players got paid, but it took a Mexican standoff for all parties to get together. Good it’s resolved but just seems it could have been sooner with some pragmatism.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Seems an all round bizarre scenario - the player owned a company that could help with the drainage issues and therefore the cash flow and therefore ensure that the players got paid, but it took a Mexican standoff for all parties to get together. Good it’s resolved but just seems it could have been sooner with some pragmatism.

All fun & games in non-league!

On 12/01/2024 at 13:33, Kid in the Riot said:

I like BMF and I'm sure they're well-run, but I thought they also have a pretty wealthy benefactor? Doesn't Lashenko put in some of his own money too?

I found out the other day that Thornbury Town are the only club in Hellenic Premier and Division 1 that don't pay their players. Even some County League teams pay some players.

Thornbury are relying on Cheltenham T and FGR u-18s who they get sent for free on the condition that they play games. Then they also bring youngsters through Thornbury's youth system.

Given their facilities are poor and they have no real fanbase to speak of, unlike some other clubs at that level, Thornbury are doing very well to be in the Premier division.

I actually help out at Thornbury, so probably why I’m a little bitter about the money 😂 

Our ‘problem’ is that we haven’t been able to grow sustainably, getting out the county and then into the Hellenic Prem fairly quickly, any money coming in was spent on ground improvements to let us play at the next level. Plans are in place to make the Mundys a better facility to host football as we are well aware the offering is sub par compared to those in the league below and some in the county. 

Relied heavily on a good influx of youth players around 10 years ago and managed to keep the majority of them despite interest from Southern League clubs. But the club are well aware that at some point we need to match the status quo so to speak. 

I appreciate Lashenko puts a lot of money in, as do other benefactors at the local clubs. My point was merely what are they getting back for it? Or is it just purely for the love of the club? which almost answers my point on there being a breaking point soon for a lot of clubs at those levels where players want more money and then the clubs go bust. 

• Like 2

• Admin
2 hours ago, redpole said:

I see they have been issued with a winding up petition.

didnt we just send a couple of youngsters here?? Good level of football to send youngsters, maybe Steve might want to invest???

See no reason for SL to get involved 

Surely something like this takes time to happen, recent interviews with the chairman seemed to imply problems were very recent