IGNORED

Fans forum 27th November - Hen and Chicken

CyderInACan

34 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

I think we just have to accept that those of us who are regularly on here are the "hardcore" - not necessarily in terms of going to games, but in keeping up to date on what's going on in and around the club and discussing things to a really high level of detail.

A lot of fans watch the games, read the odd headline in the post, maybe check BBC sport, and that's mostly it. It is frustrating at times like this but that's just reality. They probably don't know that BT has talked about being Cat 1 before and so on.

I assumed that the people who would give up their Monday to go to this would be more clued up, but obviously not!

So the fans who sit on their phone moaning are the hard core, but those that travel the length of the country watching City are not, strange comment

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

People slag him off to high hell, but what this evening required was someone 'like' Ian Gay. I've seen him do it before at a Q&A with Steve Lansdown and he was sat in the front row basically leading proceedings. Asking difficult questions in a direct manner and always following them up so as to not let the person off the hook.

I'm afraid the problem tonight was the lack of somebody like that to get things kicked off early, then the night may have had a very different feel. 

A huge opportunity missed, and now I guess we have to wait another 12 months before the next shitshow.

• Like 17

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

People slag him off to high hell, but what this evening required was someone 'like' Ian Gay. I've seen him do it before at a Q&A with Steve Lansdown and he was sat in the front row basically leading proceedings. Asking difficult questions in a direct manner and always following them up so as to not let the person off the hook.

I'm afraid the problem tonight was the lack of somebody like that to get things kicked off early, then the night may have had a very different feel. 

A huge opportunity missed, and now I guess we have to wait another 12 months before the next shitshow.

Get vf someone from Acorn in.  Don't have to have a clue what you're talking about, just agitate..

I wasn't expecting Paxman vs Michael Howard, but blimey.....

If you ask a question in a way that includes a soft-answer out for the person you're quizzing, you will get that answer each and every time.

I said it before on the Rovers thread, supporters get the club that they usually deserve (a few obvious exceptions such as Bury) and regardless of the budget, the communication, the ambition etc, those questions were those of a mid-table accepting majority.

I apologise to those who went with the intention of asking something of substance, you were likely identified as a wrong 'un on entry and denied the opportunity to speak, but I would wager that the panel will be floating home this evening on a cloud of soft questioning and smoke being blown up their collective backsides.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, ralphindevon said:

Jon is so uncomfortable at this sort of thing compared to his dad, so fair play to him doing it.

Right at the end it looked like he leaned over to Manning and said something, the microphone didn't quite pick it up but it sounded/looked like "that was easy" 🤣.

9 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Full of Bristol Sport employees it seems.

Well as the most negative poster on here, who has been out spoken about Nige sacking and any opportunity to attack the Lansdown's,  but given the opportunity to ask your questions face to face, you decided to stay hidden behind your keyboard giving it large from Weston. Then have the neck to attack those who could at least be bothered to get off there backsides and go, because you don't like the questions as they don't align with your agenda 

• Like 7
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 2

2 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Well as the most negative poster on here, who has been out spoken about Nige sacking and any opportunity to attack the Lansdown's,  but given the opportunity to ask your questions face to face, you decided to stay hidden behind your keyboard giving it large from Weston. Then have the neck to attack those who could at least be bothered to get off there backsides and go, because you don't like the questions as they don't align with your agenda 

Actually, I had two tickets to attend. Unfortunately at the last moment my child minder let me down. 

Would you like me to send proof of my tickets or should I save you the embarrassment?

21 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I’m at a total loss after that tbh. Atmosphere was so ******* odd in there, Liam was the only one willing to expand on an answer for more than 45 seconds. It was so guarded and they answered questions so blandly and quickly the whole thing felt really rushed whilst also not really answering anything properly, or at all. Didn’t really answer the questions on injuries and the new structure, didn’t really answer the question about the new structure, Jon said it’s not his place to answer the question on the stadium(???)

Last years opening was loads of detail from Tinnion on the academy, nige on what it means to be a manager( and Gould on loads of detail around club finances and season ticket sales etc. 

This year - JL “just wanted to say thanks for coming” *awkward silence with everyone looking around wondering what’s going on*. 

Manning salvaged it tbh, seemed like the only one happy to be there. 

Thanks @petehinton good to hear from a balanced OTIB poster who was there in the room. Sounds just as frustrating as we perceived watching! 

10 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I agree , but with all the conspiracy theorists on here saying , they were vetted or the audience was chosen etc. How many applied for tickets ? 
With these things you get a lot of 'Happy clappers' because they are the first to apply. I went to one many years ago and was shouted down when criticising Osman. The faces may change over the years, but the people that enjoy these things are basically the same. It needs a few to want to put themselves out to ask the difficult questions, I really can't be bothered any more and obviously no one on here can either. 
It will be good if they feel they can do these things more regularly, maybe because they got an easy ride. But I agree totally that it was an opportunity missed. 

• Flames 3

21 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Manning is very likeable. I truly hope he’s the man to finally end our top flight exile.

I agree. I like what I’ve seen from him so far. Good sense of humour too judging by tonight. Let’s get behind him and the players and see where it takes us. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Oh how very convenient 

I also had tickets and was unable to attend, offered them on here this morning.

Been to previous Q&As, didn't overly rate the answer I got from RG and challenged it. We agreed that there wasn't going to be a satisfactory answer (in the end) and it was more a state of football than a club issue.

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

That one was a lot worse than last year.

Manning no issues there, the rest of the hierarchy and the standard of nearly all of the questions however..

I'm glad Manning didn't get any grief , he's done nothing wrong. It may actually turn out that Jon has pulled off a master stroke, but he should have at least have to justify how things were done. In his defence he did say maybe things could have been done better ( I may have paraphrased ) , but the question should have been asked.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, One Team said:

Thanks @petehinton good to hear from a balanced OTIB poster who was there in the room. Sounds just as frustrating as we perceived watching! 

For balance, I do think pressing questions were asked just maybe in a roundabout way. But it honestly felt from 5 minutes in there was just no point even being there, as non of them other than Manning seemed willing to answer anything. Summed up by whoever (rightly) flagged that the comms of 21s games being free at the HPC is a joke and only announced half an hour before the games start, everyone chuckled and they actually moved on to another question before realising they hadn’t actually answered it and Dave Barton had to step in. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I'm glad Manning didn't get any grief , he's done nothing wrong. It may actually turn out that Jon has pulled off a master stroke, but he should have at least have to justify how things were done. In his defence he did say maybe things could have been done better ( I may have paraphrased ) , but the question should have been asked.

No issue with Manning, he does deserve our backing and support. As do the team and yeah his staff.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

For balance, I do think pressing questions were asked just maybe in a roundabout way. But it honestly felt from 5 minutes in there was just no point even being there, as non of them other than Manning seemed willing to answer anything. Summed up by whoever (rightly) flagged that the comms of 21s games being free at the HPC is a joke and only announced half an hour before the games start, everyone chuckled and they actually moved on to another question before realising they hadn’t actually answered it and Dave Barton had to step in. 

I said earlier on in the thread, it just seemed like an episode of Only fools and horses. 

• Like 1