IGNORED

Bristol Gigs & Festivals

RedM

35 minutes ago, TMWANG50 said:

Yes, but I won't be going with this line-up and £55 starting price to sit right at the back :laugh:

I have an awful feeling this is going to bomb.

The fact is, it isn’t a festival where you can go all round a site. 27,000 is a lot of people for that space for a ten hour stretch and they’ll be packed in. On the assumption Ne-Yo is the biggest name there it’s a premium price for a broadly second tier headliner, and people won’t be shelling £60+ for the other acts when you could see them at smaller venues.

All very Blue/Atomic Kitten “gig at the gate” vibes

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

The fact is, it isn’t a festival where you can go all round a site. 27,000 is a lot of people for that space for a ten hour stretch and they’ll be packed in. On the assumption Ne-Yo is the biggest name there it’s a premium price for a broadly second tier headliner, and people won’t be shelling £60+ for the other acts when you could see them at smaller venues.

In fairness you are never going to please everyone. It will still easily sell out.

19 hours ago, nebristolred said:

I got dragged to see KoL relatively recently and they really surprised me, a sublime gig. That's a much better booking imo.

15 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Totally agree. I've never seen them live so would be great if they do come to AG. 

Red Morning Light, Mollys Chambers and California Waiting please.

Though I think the following two albums were perhaps even better. 

I saw them twice back near the beginning. First time in Nottingham just after Because of the Times was released, a fantastic encore with my all time favourite track "Knocked Up" with a glitter ball descending over the crowd. The second time was the Ricoh Arena which was absolutely wild, like the punk days. 

California Waiting, Four Kicks, etc always goes down well, but there are some great tracks in an amongst their more recent albums too.

• Like 1

People saying this will 'easily sell out' unless they announce a streets or the like type act I can't see it getting anywhere near a sell out 

myself and my group of mates are mid 30s and these guys were the peak off us growing up, clubbing etc and not one of us plans on going at this time so I'm not quite sure who the target market is at this time

be interesting how it progresses

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

See I think it will sell out okay. A few of us are mocking it as it's not our style but this is a decent lineup for plenty of people, and nostalgia acts are doing really well at the moment. Ne-Yo already has an arena tour across the UK booked in March at 15k - 20k venues - there's no reason why 30k here isn't possible with likes of Craig David added on.

It might not be our cup of tea (it certainly isn't mine!) but it could actually be a decent lineup in terms of generating revenue, in which case for Bristol Sport it would be a success.

19 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

See I think it will sell out okay. A few of us are mocking it as it's not our style but this is a decent lineup for plenty of people, and nostalgia acts are doing really well at the moment. Ne-Yo already has an arena tour across the UK booked in March at 15k - 20k venues - there's no reason why 30k here isn't possible with likes of Craig David added on.

It might not be our cup of tea (it certainly isn't mine!) but it could actually be a decent lineup in terms of generating revenue, in which case for Bristol Sport it would be a success.

I think the sign here will be how early the stadium release their first “x tickets sold already” tweet - normally those come quite quickly if the events are going to be popular and to induce FOMO. If we see a tweet with 5-10k tickets sold by Monday it’s on track - if we don’t then they may have misjudged it.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Jesus just seen what he’s charging to get in and see him and Mario (really hope it’s the Mario I’m thinking of) - you may be right as the BS3 prices seem positively reasonable!

• Admin
1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

The fact is, it isn’t a festival where you can go all round a site. 27,000 is a lot of people for that space for a ten hour stretch and they’ll be packed in.

Where did you get 27k from?

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

Where did you get 27k from?

To be fair that’s the figure quoted across the media - go on bbc, itv, nme etc. Ashton Gates website says capacity 27k for sport and 32k for concerts so it may even be higher but the actual figure will depend on stage setup. If it’s 32k for normal gigs then 27k seems right with the two stage setup.

12 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

To be fair that’s the figure quoted across the media - go on bbc, itv, nme etc. Ashton Gates website says capacity 27k for sport and 32k for concerts so it may even be higher but the actual figure will depend on stage setup. If it’s 32k for normal gigs then 27k seems right with the two stage setup.

The two stages are next to each other btw, so shouldn’t impact capacity too much if at all. On the ticket purchase screen you can see the second stage is tiny in comparison to the main one.

• Admin
48 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Cheers, I guess with a concert we lose the Atyeo Stand, but gain on the pitch standing

Whoever thought slowly rolling out the lineup is an idiot - the acts are very middle of the road for the genre & the small amount of buzz has been lost. I hope for their sake the remaining acts are actually headline-worthy.  

• Like 1

• Admin
2 hours ago, Jeez said:

Whoever thought slowly rolling out the lineup is an idiot - the acts are very middle of the road for the genre & the small amount of buzz has been lost. I hope for their sake the remaining acts are actually headline-worthy.  

Looking at the tickets available there's not been any rush for tickets yet either