IGNORED

Local Non League Thread 2022-23

Silvio Dante

12 hours ago, spudski said:

I didn't know about the scenario re Tommo and JR mate. So can't really comment on that. 

My impression as for JR's appointment, was imo, purely to get that ' local family feel ' back with the supporters.

The appointment of Beadle did so much harm to the club. Regardless of his style of football and results...he lost the respect of the fans and staff. He just wouldn't engage and distanced himself. 

JR being a local lad, and with previous history with the club has certainly galvanised the fan base and support. 

I certainly prefer his style of playing over what Beadle was doing. 

Sadly it's the turnover of players that's killed any coherence and results. 

I've been told it's not out of choice but down to players wanting to leave or not wanting to fight a relegation battle. 

Unfortunately the players coming in, generally are poorer quality than those previously. The quality has been on a downward spiral all season. 

Individual errors rather than team structure often lead to defeat and goals being conceded it seems. 

I often stand within ear shot of the dug out. I can hear the conversations and instructions. It's often the case that the players are doing what they've been asked to do. Constantly out of position, switching off, not tracking their man etc. And offensively often making the wrong choice of pass or move. 

If they struggle next season, then JR's ability would surely come into question more. Right now, I think it's hard to tell. 

Obviously know Rendall & Tovey from their Paulton days. My issue at Paulton was the constant changing of formations and personnel from one week to the next. There were so many players coming in, and going again within a few weeks. Looking from the outside, it appears the same at Yate. Toozey who he took with him from Paulton started really well at Yate, got injured and then had been playing wide since his return I believe. His best position is as a centre forward and that keeps him happy and motivated.

• Like 1

• Admin
On 29/03/2023 at 13:43, LondonRobin said:

Does anyone know what the two red lines between Willand Rovers and Bristol Manor Farm mean? My guess is a play off game? But could be wrong 

EA3AE61F-4F00-40EC-803B-E711D0483D67.png

On 29/03/2023 at 14:23, Gosport_Red said:

This year for Step 5, the leagues below Southern One are having a shake up so across Step 4 there will be extra relegations.

Found this information, goo luck making any sense of it... 

This week we received official notification from The FA on the Promotion and the Play-Offs at both Step 5 & 6. Below I have simplified & summarized the detail, as there are many complications of Ground Grading, Ground availability, alternative (and under what circumstances) dates (at Step 5 only), how the finances are managed and dispersal methods etc…….

A full copy will be provided to the clubs taking part.

Division One. Step 6 – Promotion & Play-Offs

After some discussion we can now complete the playing season on April 22nd. This is an additional Saturday to play those matches that cannot be fixtured any earlier.

In the final League Table, The First placed club will be placed into the Promotion Pool and be allocated appropriately to a Step 5 Division for next season. Those finishing 2nd to 5th will go into the play-offs.

The Semi-Finals will be 2nd v 5th & 3rd v 4th on the ground of the highest ‘end of league season position’ club in that game. These will be played on Tuesday April 25th with a 19:45 kick-off.

The Final will remain on Friday evening April 28th KO 19:45 on the ground of the highest ‘end of league season position’ club in the game.

If any of these games are tied after 90 minutes then a penalty shoot out will decide the winner.

There are no individual medals for participants in the Final. A plaque will be presented to the winning team in the final (only).

For Financial arrangements, the host club will operate a Net Gate system that pays 37.5% to each club, and 25% to the League.

Premier Division – Step 5 – Promotion & Play-Off

The Division playing season ends on April 22nd as previously scheduled.  

The First placed club will go into the Promotion Pool and be allocated appropriately to a Step 4 Division for next season. The second placed club goes into a one match ‘winner takes all’ play-off against a Step 4 club. The latter is chosen from clubs finishing 3rd & 4th from bottom of Step 4 Divisions, on a ‘points per game’ basis across the country and then is allocated geographically. The FA expect to inform Step 5 clubs of their opposition on Sunday April 23rd.

The ‘play-off’ game is scheduled to be played on Saturday April 29th kick-off 15:00, on the ground of the Step 4 club. Please use your Uhlsport logoed equipment on the day.

If the game is tied after 90 minutes then a penalty shoot out will decide the winner who then plays at Step 4 next season..

There are no medals and trophies for this game.

For Financial arrangements, the host club will operate a Net Gate system that pays 37.5% to each club, and 12.5% to each League

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Weston continue to stumble, Truro vs Bracknell this week is going to be massive 

Are Yate about to perform an Easter miracle? 

Screenshot_20230408_170656_Flashscore.jpg

Screenshot_20230408_170706_Flashscore.jpg

Screenshot_20230408_170712_Flashscore.jpg

Stunningly, Yate were excellent today. Played good football and thoroughly deserved the win, although their keeper will have nightmares over the second when he somehow diverted a Tooze cross into the net.

As for a miracle - nah, just have too much to do. Dodged the bullet today but it would be the irony of ironies if on Monday we go down at Merthyr, whose boss Paul Michael did so much to raise the hopes and expectations at Yate.

• Like 3

Great win for Taunton at Bath yesterday. Bath's resources must be far greater than Taunton's. Rob "Dr" Dray doing a fantastic job, all considered. 

I went to Larkhall Athletic today. Beautiful ground overlooking Bath. 0-0 but an entertaining game with plenty of chances and a couple of sendings off! 

• Like 3

• Admin
9 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Great win for Taunton at Bath yesterday. Bath's resources must be far greater than Taunton's. Rob "Dr" Dray doing a fantastic job, all considered. 

I went to Larkhall Athletic today. Beautiful ground overlooking Bath. 0-0 but an entertaining game with plenty of chances and a couple of sendings off! 

Is Larkhall the ground when one of the touchlines is really high and you are looking down on the pitch? 

Am sure I went there many years ago 

10 minutes ago, spudski said:

Yate 2-1 up at Merthyr ? can they do the unimaginable!!!

All eyes on Hendon. Their game at Hanwell was postponed today due to a waterlogged pitch. Fixtures have to be completed by a week Saturday so they have 5 games in the next 12 days. Weston and Poole in the top six amongst them, two games still to be arranged (Gosport and Hanwell)

Yate need to win both games and hope that Hendon take no more than 2 points from those 5.

(This assumes North Leigh/Hartley Witney and Harrow don’t pull ahead)

Its still not happening but there’s the faintest glimmer…

7A3900B5-E4A2-48AC-AD44-DA3F3ABEEFC7.jpeg

• Like 1

Had a wander down to Crownfield for Key's game against Torpoint. Given the home side's well-documented tale of woe, it was good to see young players having a go. The forwards looked lively but the defending was all at sea. Final score: Keynsham 3-6 Torpoint.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

All eyes on Hendon. Their game at Hanwell was postponed today due to a waterlogged pitch. Fixtures have to be completed by a week Saturday so they have 5 games in the next 12 days. Weston and Poole in the top six amongst them, two games still to be arranged (Gosport and Hanwell)

Yate need to win both games and hope that Hendon take no more than 2 points from those 5.

(This assumes North Leigh/Hartley Witney and Harrow don’t pull ahead)

Its still not happening but there’s the faintest glimmer…

7A3900B5-E4A2-48AC-AD44-DA3F3ABEEFC7.jpeg

I read on a social media page, that there is a rumour that only 2 are going down this season. 

Haven't a clue whether their is any basis to it. 

9 hours ago, spudski said:

I read on a social media page, that there is a rumour that only 2 are going down this season. 

Haven't a clue whether their is any basis to it. 

A mate of mine went up on the bus to Merthyr yesterday with the team and there was similar chatter on there. Seems to be a feeling that some of the clubs in the frame for promotion can’t support the higher level financially so will turn it down - Yate targeting as many points as possible but hope fourth bottom might be enough.

Definite precedent here - last season Walton Casuals of Southern Prem folded which saved Merthyr.

If I wasn’t going to Watford Saturday I’d be  all over Lodge Road. Massive game.

• Thanks 1

On 08/04/2023 at 22:59, Kid in the Riot said:

I was at this game too, Kid, decent summary of the match there. City under 21 keeper Josey Casa-Grande played well for the Larks, I thought. 

Couple of the Lymington players looked to be spoiling for a fight most of the game - the 5 should have gone too and the 7 should have got a yellow for his imaginary card waving at the ref before he eventually saw red for a poor tackle. 

Like Larkhall's ground, quirky. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, petehinton said:

That’s Yeovil down

Yep, not mathematically but Lazarus himself would be proud of this comeback if we stayed up.

The unedifying sight later in the evening of Mark Cooper calling out the prospective owner in his post match interview, the owner replying on Twitter denying all of it and naming half a dozen players he'd suggested but got turned down by Cooper. Tweet thread then gets deleted after drink finished (I guess) but obviously many people have screenshotted it.

Bad times to be a YTFC fan. 

• Like 2

• Admin

Truro vs Bracknell has been postponed this evening due to a waterlogged pitch

Crazy backlog on the horizon now 

For those that don't know Truro play at Plymouth Parkways ground, these are the games currently scheduled for there, I will be amazed if all the games below go ahead 

Saturday 15th : Truro v MET Police

Sunday 16th :

Monday 17th : Truro v Bracknell 

Tuesday 18th :  Plymouth v Winchester 

Wednesday 19th :  Truro v Salisbury 

Thursday 20th : Plymouth v North Leigh 

Friday 21st

Saturday 22nd : Plymouth v Bracknell 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, phantom said:

For those that don't know Truro play at Plymouth Parkways ground, these are the games currently scheduled for there, I will be amazed if all the games below go ahead 

Sunday 16th :

Friday 21st

You’ve reminded me to check at the other end - Hendon, who Yate need to catch (absent resignations etc) have just had their list confirmed. 5 games in 10 days - four on the road and Poole at home. I would imagine they may not be full strength for every game…

C781D2C8-279D-45EB-A029-E4311D704C8B.jpeg

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Sunday 16th :

Friday 21st

I`m not at all surprised tonight`s game`s off, it`s been lashing it down here and blowing a hoolie all day. That said, the forecast for tomorrow onwards is for much better weather and warming up considerably.