IGNORED

Non League Thread 2023/24

phantom

Nat Lge South table is not such pleasant reading compared to earlier in the season.

Yeovil remain top, 13 points clear of Worthing  and 16 clear of 3rd placed Hampton. Further down though; Torquay have climbed back to 6h, WsM are up to 15th and Taunton are 20th, but have a few games in hand over Weymouth, above them and Eastbourne who are 21st.

On 22/01/2024 at 10:03, 22A said:

Nat Lge South table is not such pleasant reading compared to earlier in the season.

Yeovil remain top, 13 points clear of Worthing  and 16 clear of 3rd placed Hampton. Further down though; Torquay have climbed back to 6h, WsM are up to 15th and Taunton are 20th, but have a few games in hand over Weymouth, above them and Eastbourne who are 21st.

We are in Essex to see the InLaws on the 10th of Feb, unfortunately Braintree are away. Chelmsford are home to Weymouth , so may try and get there for a game, it's the Mother in Laws birthday so may take some clever time juggling .

No game on Saturday! Make the most of the EFL season ticket offer at Yate Town.

Just £8 entry for our league games and no better chance to see some entertaining football, the lads are on fire. They won 5-1 last night and have won the last 5 and unbeaten in 7.

Yate Town v Melksham- Saturday, 3PM. Lodge Road, BS37 7LE

Luke Purnell, Weston born and raised who’s been their number 1 for the majority of the last 10 years, contract ripped up by the very strange man Bartlett. 

Signing for Bridgwater, three divisions below, on likely similar wages - which shows how much money (I’m sure legit money too…) Bridgy are throwing around. 

• Admin
29 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Luke Purnell, Weston born and raised who’s been their number 1 for the majority of the last 10 years, contract ripped up by the very strange man Bartlett. 

Signing for Bridgwater, three divisions below, on likely similar wages - which shows how much money (I’m sure legit money too…) Bridgy are throwing around. 

Still a teacher in Weston too

• Like 2

On 03/02/2024 at 14:42, petehinton said:

Bridgwater had their keeper sent off last night, they lost 1-4 at home to Barnstaple in the league cup. So good timing by them to sign a new keeper!. 

• Like 1

On 03/02/2024 at 14:42, petehinton said:

The young lad that’s been in goal at Bridgy been decent as well. Think he’s had some big teams looking at him so it’s tough on him to be replaced. 

Just seen @Portland Bill post though, didn’t know he got sent off last night! 

Clevedon Town fell away a bit in Toolstation Prem, hopefully manage to put a few wins back together & challenge Bridgy/Helston ‘til the end though.

Edited by Carey 6
  • Like 1

Not English non League, but nowhere else to put this.

Following last night's defeat, Ross County's Manager has resigned. He's been their Manager three times. A bit like Harry Thicket at City.

For those who don't know, Ross play at Dingwall, (North of Inverness) and the ground holds more than the town's entire population.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

The young lad that’s been in goal at Bridgy been decent as well. Think he’s had some big teams looking at him so it’s tough on him to be replaced. 

Just seen @Portland Bill post though, didn’t know he got sent off last night! 

Clevedon Town fell away a bit in Toolstation Prem, hopefully manage to put a few wins back together & challenge Bridgy/Helston ‘til the end though.

If it was Isaac Finch, he has been signed by us as of last week I believe. Will be with the u18s. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

If you think the pitch doesn’t look great (and it doesn’t) and noting Tauntons issues with their pitch I was surprised to see Truro are playing all their remaining home games there now!

Crazy isn’t it. But I guess Taunton are desperate for the cash. 

Over 2hrs trip for a home game!

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

If you think the pitch doesn’t look great (and it doesn’t) and noting Tauntons issues with their pitch I was surprised to see Truro are playing all their remaining home games there now!

Truro ( as you probably know) have been sharing Plymouth Parkway’s ground.
Plymouth pitch is in an awful state, 2-3 areas are only fit for mud wrestling in quick sand!.
Unless they get 2/3 weeks without rain, they won’t be playing on that pitch for a while. 

As for Truro, I was told on Saturday, that the FA have told them they must show proof by the end of March, that their new ground will be ready for next season, otherwise they will be demoted two divisions. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

As for Truro, I was told on Saturday, that the FA have told them they must show proof by the end of March, that their new ground will be ready for next season, otherwise they will be demoted two divisions. 

End of March is the same deadline for ground improvements set by the FA every year.

Thornbury Town need to start work on a new 100 capacity stand by end of March too, or potentially face relegation. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, petehinton said:

If it was Isaac Finch, he has been signed by us as of last week I believe. Will be with the u18s. 

Oh that’s alright then, shows the club have an eye on what’s going on at that level. I’d heard he was being looked at by Newcastle. 

7 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Oh that’s alright then, shows the club have an eye on what’s going on at that level. I’d heard he was being looked at by Newcastle. 

Newcastle have eyes all over now. Said in a post a few months ago, but they’ve taken a lad from clevedon on a 2 year YTS.

City weren’t interested until hearing Newcastle were…

13 hours ago, 22A said:

Not English non League, but nowhere else to put this.

Following last night's defeat, Ross County's Manager has resigned. He's been their Manager three times. A bit like Harry Thicket at City.

For those who don't know, Ross play at Dingwall, (North of Inverness) and the ground holds more than the town's entire population.

Nice town and welcoming fans in Dingwall, have been up there a couple of times. Beautiful part of the country too.