IGNORED

OTIB Draft Fantasy Football (2019/20 Season)

Lrrr

6 hours ago, jrt55555 said:

Given every team is unique, playing a single league with that many teams would mean that it would be pretty slim pickings ?

Very true, hadn't thought of it like that, but would possibly make it more interesting with people relying on some of the lesser lights to do well for them.

6 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

It was true though! I very rarely watch any English football that doesn't involve Rovers. I'm sure I will recognise a lot more names when I see them though and I will be doing my utmost to humiliate you on a weekly basis :)

Ah I was starting to believe you. Then you mentioned rovers and football in the same sentence. :yes:

On 25/07/2019 at 21:18, hodge said:

List of everyone so far in, who would rather use the official PL draft game? Or are people not fussed? I did a mock draft on the official one last night and its pretty easy, an 8 person draft was over in just over an hour. Only thing with the official one is I think max league size is 8 so atm with 19 we would have 2 leagues of 6 and a league of 7

1. hodge
  2. @Woodsy
  3. @thatchersgold
  4. @Josh93
  5. @richwwtk
  6. @!james
  7. @The Batman
  8. @phantom
  9. @prankerd
  10. @Red Army 75
  11. @Bobbie
  12. @Nathandao
  13. @LeeJohnsonsFlatCap
  14. @Xspence
  15. @citywest30
  16. @Miah Dennehy
  17. @Ashton_Red
  18. @boadle
  19. @jrt55555

Oi!! Where am I in that list @hodge? It’s always the quiet ones that get forgotten ☹️

On 25/07/2019 at 21:18, hodge said:

List of everyone so far in, who would rather use the official PL draft game? Or are people not fussed? I did a mock draft on the official one last night and its pretty easy, an 8 person draft was over in just over an hour. Only thing with the official one is I think max league size is 8 so atm with 19 we would have 2 leagues of 6 and a league of 7

1. hodge
  2. @Woodsy
  3. @thatchersgold
  4. @Josh93
  5. @richwwtk
  6. @!james
  7. @The Batman
  8. @phantom
  9. @prankerd
  10. @Red Army 75
  11. @Bobbie
  12. @Nathandao
  13. @LeeJohnsonsFlatCap
  14. @Xspence
  15. @citywest30
  16. @Miah Dennehy
  17. @Ashton_Red
  18. @boadle
  19. @jrt55555
  20. Tipps69

:ph34r:

Right, apologies to the guys who signed up to the other website but I'm going to go with the official fantasy premier league site ( https://draft.premierleague.com/ ), I did one of their mock drafts (anyone can have a go at these) and it was easy enough to get the grip of. We have 20 players at the moment, so I was going to suggest two leagues of 7 and a league of 6 but setting the max league participants at 8 for each. That way we have space for another 4 people if they want to join before Monday. Leagues will be called OTIB 'A', 'B' and 'C'.

Only thing is I don't think I can run leagues and not be in them, would anyone be willing to act as league runner for one of the other 2 leagues? I don't think you really need to do anything apart from the settings for the league. I've added one rule, you can set a rule for trades in the league which include 1) they're not allowed (BS rule if you ask me) 2) free reign, any trade automatically goes through 3) league admin can veto a trade 4) managers can veto a trade (think it needs a majority). I'm setting it to league admin can veto a trade on the basis that it should never be needed but say Sterling was proposed to be traded with a 18 year old who will never play then we can ask why the trade is going through.

Lastly I'm going to start organising people into 3 groups soon, will use a random name generator to chuck out who will be in each league, just waiting to hopefully get 2 more league runners first so we can all be separated.

9 hours ago, hodge said:

Right, apologies to the guys who signed up to the other website but I'm going to go with the official fantasy premier league site ( https://draft.premierleague.com/ ), I did one of their mock drafts (anyone can have a go at these) and it was easy enough to get the grip of. We have 20 players at the moment, so I was going to suggest two leagues of 7 and a league of 6 but setting the max league participants at 8 for each. That way we have space for another 4 people if they want to join before Monday. Leagues will be called OTIB 'A', 'B' and 'C'.

Only thing is I don't think I can run leagues and not be in them, would anyone be willing to act as league runner for one of the other 2 leagues? I don't think you really need to do anything apart from the settings for the league. I've added one rule, you can set a rule for trades in the league which include 1) they're not allowed (BS rule if you ask me) 2) free reign, any trade automatically goes through 3) league admin can veto a trade 4) managers can veto a trade (think it needs a majority). I'm setting it to league admin can veto a trade on the basis that it should never be needed but say Sterling was proposed to be traded with a 18 year old who will never play then we can ask why the trade is going through.

Lastly I'm going to start organising people into 3 groups soon, will use a random name generator to chuck out who will be in each league, just waiting to hopefully get 2 more league runners first so we can all be separated.

Thanks Hodge

Happy to administer one of the other leagues if you send me the necessary details ?

Right, maybe slightly selfishly but I'm going to run a draft on TUESDAY at 20:30 as I'm working Monday evening. @jrt55555 if you're okay running a league as admin can you run yours on MONDAY at 20:30 (ish) ? That way we can just post both league codes and people can join the league with the day that's easier for them to be around to do a draft.

As we have 20 people and only 2 people up for being a league admin we will be running 2 ten team leagues, having been through a draft this will mean you will need to know your fringe players for a couple of starting XI picks as well as your bench.

jrt these are the league settings I've used, seemed fairly simple to set it up and doubt it should need any maintenance once up and running.

Screenshot 2019-08-02 23.16.07.png

21 minutes ago, hodge said:

Right, maybe slightly selfishly but I'm going to run a draft on TUESDAY at 20:30 as I'm working Monday evening. @jrt55555 if you're okay running a league as admin can you run yours on MONDAY at 20:30 (ish) ? That way we can just post both league codes and people can join the league with the day that's easier for them to be around to do a draft.

As we have 20 people and only 2 people up for being a league admin we will be running 2 ten team leagues, having been through a draft this will mean you will need to know your fringe players for a couple of starting XI picks as well as your bench.

jrt these are the league settings I've used, seemed fairly simple to set it up and doubt it should need any maintenance once up and running.

Screenshot 2019-08-02 23.16.07.png

Thanks @hodge - no problem. 

I’ll set the league up and will then post the league code on here to allow people to join up ?

Those who join my league, let me know if you’d also be up for making it a little more interesting and putting a small amount of money on the line as a prize for the winner. Perhaps £5-£10 each, winner takes all?

Just now, jrt55555 said:

Thanks @hodge - no problem. 

I’ll set the league up and will then post the league code on here to allow people to join up ?

I'll post my league code just after yours so we don't get people just joining the first one available 

Ok so for those who’d prefer to draft on Monday, below are the details for my league.

@hodge will shortly post details for the other league that will draft on Tuesday. The settings are identical.

Please can you post on here if you join my league with your team name so that I can keep track?

As per my post above, I’d propose making this a small money league (winner takes all) if everyone is happy with that. If so, when you post could you also confirm that and if you’d prefer to make it £5 a team or £10 a team ?

—————————

To play in the OTIB FPL Draft League A FPL Draft league, join the game here: https://draft.premierleague.com

Once you have logged in or registered click on 'Start' and then 'Join a league'. You can then enter the league code 241617-61115 to join the league.

————————

League Details

Draft Date:

Mon 5 Aug 2019
Draft Time:
20:30
Draft Time Zone:
Europe/London
Starting Gameweek:
Min. League Size:
Max. League Size:
Scoring Mode:
Classic
Pick Time Limit:
90 seconds
Player Trades:
Administrator veto
—————————

1. @jrt55555 - Diedhiou See That?
—————————

On 01/08/2019 at 07:18, Miah Dennehy said:

Can this thread (and the Last Man Standing one) be pinned to the top?

Can they be put in a sub forum for those that enjoy this kind of thing.  Bloody annoying being on the main forum.

It’s like being in a nice pub and then the quiz starts.

Monday league filling up nicely.

Can the person called Rex that has signed up to the Monday league with the team name Terraces & Tents make themselves known so that I can keep track of who's who? Thanks ?

—————————

1. @jrt55555 - Diedhiou See That?
2. @Glastonbury Red - GlastonburyReds
3. @prankerd - The red pranks
4. ????? - Terraces & Tents FC
—————————

Archived