IGNORED

The Office (UK): Ipswich Town edition

LondonBristolian

As Maidstone are 6th tier, today was the 7th round played as Maidstone entered at the2nd qualifying stage on 16th Sep

A team in the Prem or Champs "only" has to win 6 games to lift the cup.

Edited by 22A
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, pillred said:

I mean I don't support Maidstone but still jumped up and punched the air with delight when their second went in so just imagine being a supporter actually at the game, football can give you some of the best moments of your life (and worst).

I did the same. The game felt as though it was going away from them, they were tiring and struggling, good subs from Ipswich. Then their 2nd goal which was just as good as their 1st. Funny old game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pillred said:

I mean I don't support Maidstone but still jumped up and punched the air with delight when their second went in so just imagine being a supporter actually at the game, football can give you some of the best moments of your life (and worst).

I had exactly the same feeling.  I just had it on in the background to start with, but got completely drawn into it as the match progressed.  I've got no connection with Maidstone either, but I was  getting really nervous for them in the last few minutes.  I actually gave them a clap at the final whistle, as they were giving absolutely everything for the cause and you can't help admiring that.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Watched the match at the Legion - to a man everyone delighted for Maidstone, glad they are on their way back I remember when they were in the Football League 

I saw them at Exeter in Division 4 back many years ago. The wettest game I`ve ever been at.

3 hours ago, Northern Red said:

I hope he and the person they landed on are alright, read they are badly injured.

I am sure many of us have nearly done this or similar or when the limbs have gone mental! I must’ve gone down seven rows when Tommy scored at West Ham! 😂

Edited by One Team

Anyone see this at Ipswich today?! At the risk of triggering the utterly tedious “bet you’re fun at parties” crowd, I don’t understand why people are treating this bloke like some sort of legend. To my mind he’s a complete idiot and I wouldn’t have wanted me (or my lad) to have ended up underneath him.

49 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Anyone see this at Ipswich today?! At the risk of triggering the utterly tedious “bet you’re fun at parties” crowd, I don’t understand why people are treating this bloke like some sort of legend. To my mind he’s a complete idiot and I wouldn’t have wanted me (or my lad) to have ended up underneath him.

I'm with you. I've watched this numerous times and I still can't figure out how he has managed to do that.

He's an utter moron. He could have potentially seriously injured someone. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Pleased to see people are with me on this. OTIB is a lot more sensible than twitter, which seems to be dominated by utter morons when it comes to this sort of thing.

You get stupid idiots on here as well CR. Before the Forest game some on here were glorifying City fans smashing up a wine shop in Nottingham as if it were something of a badge of honour…….jeez…….:disapointed2se:

4 hours ago, Lew-T said:

He knows exactly what’s he’s doing… all for the ‘likes’ and attention.

What a knob head.

There is definitely a trend at the moment for “forced limbs” to get attention on social media. I saw one a few weeks ago where Watford fans were literally falling over each other after their 5th goal late against Preston. It was ridiculous because you just don’t react like that naturally in a mid-table clash when the outcome of the game has long since been decided.

The inevitable end point to this is that someone will get seriously hurt - if it didn’t happen already at Ipswich yesterday.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Robbored said:

You get stupid idiots on here as well CR. Before the Forest game some on here were glorifying City fans smashing up a wine shop in Nottingham as if it were something of a badge of honour…….jeez…….:disapointed2se:

You do but they are the exception not the norm. I find the consensus views of OTIB to be much more sensible in the main than any other social media platform, and the juvenile views that dominate football twitter are generally given short shrift here.